Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Raw Reax - 5/20/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Brock/Heyman/Seth/Kofi:
The Brock Lesnar Show Starring Brock Lesnar rolls on.

Hmmm. Is Triple H in on this scheme?

I guess the goal is to have fans thinking Brock might actually show up on any show at any time and challenge for a championship. Which he was pretty much able to do without winning MITB.

Heyman can definitely deliver on the mic.

I mean might as well get Brock's win over with, right? I think Saudi Arabia is the more likely option, though.

Haha that forced inside reference at Seth dating Becky. Christ. Fans would be SEETHING if Russo threw so many "worked shoot" comments into scripts, but with "booking genius" Heyman doing it, he gets a pass.

It almost begs the question of having two top titles if either man can be on either show.

Hell Brock could cash in on both if he plays his cards right.

RIGHT? The champions are looking to elevate themselves working with Brock. Everything revolves around him.

- Foley/Hawkins/Ryder/Titus:
Ha. Hawkins and Ryder already have a title and they're more interested in this new championship than focusing on the one they have.

- Zayn/Lashley:
Sami's growing on me as a heel.

- Seth/Kofi/HHH:
Two world champions teaming up should feel a lot bigger than this.

- Zayn/Braun/Lashley:
It's a monster movie segment.

- Zayn vs. Braun:
Well that was decided quickly. So much for the intrigue of Sami costing Braun MITB.

- Lars/LHP:
Wow these three bullies attacking one man!

Cool stuff here.

I liked that.

- Cesaro/Ricochet:
Good job baiting a hurt guy into a match.

- Cesaro vs. Ricochet:
rIcOcHeT dOeSn'T kNoW hOw To SeLl

Fun work so far.

This could be a pretty fun rivalry. Glad Cesaro's getting to showcase his skills.

- AJ/Baron:
I'm glad AJ doesn't automatically get another match after losing clean.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Baron go for the title soon.

Looks like this feud's a thing now.

- Roman/Shane/McIntyre:
Ahhh Heel Shane is fun.

We are in a world where Shane McMahon is a credible opponent for Roman Reigns.

I didn't expect to like Heel Shane this much.

- Shane/Drew/Miz:
Well I guess Miz is moving to a new feud, too!

- Revival promo:
I guess we're going to forget about Ucey Hot.

- Revival vs. Usos:
Oh yeah they're definitely rebounding from the back shaving.

Pretty good tag work here.

Yessssss nice work.

OK, they've been redeemed. I liked that.

- Alexa/Nikki:
Alexa is such a brat. I love it. 

Well this is going to be weird.

- Fun House:
I swear this is some creepypasta come to life.

- Moment of Bliss:
As far as talk shows go, I can live with this one. Alexa's a lot of fun.

IIconic Two Belts!

I wouldn't be shocked to see Becky beat the IIconics by herself.

Haha pretty fun.

- Becky/Alexa/Cross vs. Lacey/IIconics:
Good work so far.

I like Lacey picking her spots.

Well there we go. Alexa didn't need to get involved after all.

- Foley backstage:
Ha. This is an excuse to get these people on TV.

- Foley promo:
Works for me to add some variety and spontaneity to the shows. That title looks terrible, though.

Yeah with the audience drop in hour three, they needed something to truly change things around.

I'm VERY OK with everyone on the roster getting to do something (somewhat) meaningful.

- Scramble match:
This is simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to WWE TV in a while.

I don't blame everyone for trying to win a title.

TITUS FINALLY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP! HE'S IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!

- Titus vs. Roode:
Ahhhhhh great memories of the Hardcore Title.

Oh this is going to be fun.

- Post-match:
He's going to need a bodyguard!

- Miz vs. Drew:Nice so far.

This is heating up well.

Woww Miz showing more athleticism as a babyface.

I'm enjoying this.

Ahhhhh Heel Shane's just going to keep rubbing it in, huh?

- Post-match:
I wonder where Miz goes from here. He might be going after that 24/7 title.

- Lashley/Corbin, etc:
Pretty funny. I'm a little surprised they didn't try to win the title.

- Kofi/Seth:
Mostly fun.

- Joe interview:
Yeah not feeling that abrupt ending.

Oooh I like Joe playing that card.

- Roode/Truth:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I missed this.

- Seth/Kofi vs. Lashley/Corbin:
Good so far.

I'm liking this action.

NICE counter to the suicide dive.

Pretty good.

- Post-match:
More fun.

It wouldn't shock me if Brock trolls us again next week, too. He's got a whole year to chase people. Actually, who's to say he has to cash in at all? Who's going to take it from him??

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment