Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 5/28/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Owens/Kofi:
I miss Face Owens. That was fresh.

Owens does have amazing snark, though.

I was wondering what Owens thought of Dolph getting the title shot!

I have a feeling Big E wasn't attacked by Owens.

- Kofi vs. Owens:
Nice followup to the story from MITB.

I love when heels counter a sophisticated move with something simple like moving out of the way or tripping the face.

NICE Skin the Cat counter.

That was a REALLY cool finish.

- Truth/Carmella/Drake:
But like where's footage of Truth fighting at a dentist office? That's what this concept needs.

- Bryan/Rowan/HM:
So are we supposed to boo Bryan and Rowan correctly diagnosing the state of the tag team division?

I've missed Bryan's preaching.

Oh wow I guess the tag title is 24/7 too.

- Sonya/Mandy backstage:
Fun promotion.

- Mandy vs. Carmella:
Not a bad match.

- More 24/7 stuff:
Ha. I don't blame the 205 Live names for going for the title.

Not bad to continue the concept.

- Black promo:
This has been pretty interesting. I'm curious where it leads.

- Shane Appreciation Night:
Yeah the downside of the Wild Card Rule is overexposing the same group of talent.

I do enjoy Heel Shane's smarminess.

NIIIIIICE. How to be a heel in 2019? Appreciate Kevin Dunn. I'm a little surprised he was mentioned on TV, though.

I'm glad something interrupted this. It was running long.

Haha. Truth didn't think that scenario all the way through!

WHAT THE HELL THE TITLE'S BEEN AROUND TWO WEEKS AND YOU'RE ALREADY SAYING THE RULES DON'T APPLY?????

- Lacey/Charlotte:
Yes we definitely need this to be a regular team.

- Lars vs. LHP set:
That could be a lot of fun.

- Bayley vs. Lacey:
This is good so far.

Good work here.

Haha so much for that teamwork working.

- Post-match:
Oh. Well. So much for that pairing lasting. Then again, this is WWE. They could be back together next week.

- Taker on Raw:
About time they hype what could be a dream match to a lot of people.

- Andrade/Zelina:
I liked that. Thankfully they're adding something to why Finn needs to embrace The Demon.

- Roman/Truth vs. Elias/McIntyre:

I mean why not just make the match three on two? If Shane can suspend the 24/7 rule, he should be able to do that.

Drew's a lot of fun as a wrestler.

Roman's dominant here.

Boom. Another win for The Big Dog. Honestly they booked themselves in a corner by having Elias beat Truth earlier.

- Post-match:
Yeah they've solidified the 24/7 title as only mattering to the undercard. At least they could have done this to end the match so they wouldn't have to suspend the rule so soon after introducing it.

- Elias vs. Truth:
NEW CHAMPION! WOW PAL ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWE!

-- 205 Live:
- Gallagher/Humberto:
That was a pretty good setup for an upcoming match.

- Kendrick vs. Kanellis:
The Kanellis Farewell Tour could very well be in progress.

I would have popped for Kendrick winning the Hook that early.

Nice physicality.

This is pretty solid.

They're telling a really good story here.

Wow. That was pretty badass. I don't know if it was enough for me to say WWE needs to re-sign Kanellis, but I definitely appreciated the effort.

- Nese/Drake/Akira:
Fine enough to set up the next title match.

- Ariya promo:
Good enough to set up a match.

- Dar vs. Karma:
I like Noam here.

Solid work.

- Dar promo:
Ahhhh I love this guy. See, Kanellis needs to be this entertaining.

- Drake/Truth:
I'm not sure whether to be upset Drake is too busy to be GM or if I should be glad he has something else to do.

- Oney promo:
I guess it's a good thing Ariya got stitches so they'd have something to talk about.

- Gallagher vs. Humberto:
Smooth beginning.

Ahhhh I love mat work.

They're doing a good job here.

This is pretty nice.

I'm enjoying this a lot.

They pair off really well.

That was nice! Good ending.

- Post-match:
Ahhhhhh. Wholesome.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment