Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 5/7/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- AJ/Zayn/Kofi/Xavier:
Well it didn't take long for Raw to reciprocate the Wild Card appearances.

What happens if five people want to show up on the other show? Or six? Vince has shown he'll change plans on a whim.

Sami gets around a lot for someone who hates work.

I'm liking Sami's egotism.

Uggghhhhhh this kind of humor is killing me.

Just a matter of time before some titles get unified.

Sami the voice of reason.

I like Zayn manipulating his way into things.

Hmmm. I'm curious where this will lead.

- Owens backstage:
Owens isn't throwing a party for himself??

- Triple threat later:
So AJ could win both world titles in the span of two weeks!

- Ali promo:
Mostly good.

- Vega/Andrade promo:
I swear they shoehorn in local references too frequently these days.

I'm all for Andrade winning MITB, though.

- Ali vs. Andrade:
I like this so far.

Solid athleticism.

Oh. Well. So much for that match continuing.

I just realized RKOs can come out of nowhere on either brand now.

- Post-match:
I like Zelina going the extra mile to help Andrade.

Orton looking dominant.

- Roman video:
BELIEVE THAT.

- Shane/Bryan/Rowan/Usos:
Ahhh Shane's twisted logic.

Lars should have a chance to be tag team champion after demolishing the previous champs.

Oh this is better than expected.

Might as well have a Raw team win the SDL tag title.

Oh wowwwwwwww those are dated references.

- Finn promo:
It does feel like everyone in WWE has a title and/or is in title contention now.

- Bryan/Rowan vs. Usos:
I'm liking this so far.

There's a nice mix in this one.

Bryan is ridiculously smooth.

The Usos have a lot of energy as usual.

NICE counter to the double suicide dive.

Pretty fun work. This could be fun.

- Shane/Miz/B-Team:
Ha. Stephanie needs to help her brother out.

I LOVE the continuity with The Miztourage.

I'm curious if we'll see weapons in the cage match.

- Bryan/Rowan/HM:
Are Heavy Machinery environmentally friendly?

- Ember/Carmella vs. Mandy/Sonya:
Hahahahah Sonya making the sacrifice.

Good work while it lasted.

- Post-match:
That's an interesting move, since Mandy's in MITB and the other names aren't. I guess we won't see Kairi and Asuka vs. the IIconics at the PPV.

- Matt/Truth/Lars:
Speaking of tag team divisions being ripped through.

I like Lars' dominance.

I'm all for a handicap match at MITB.

- Black promo:
I'm mostly enjoying this.

- Kofi vs. AJ vs. Sami:
This is starting off well.

I like this action.

All three men look game here.

This is pretty fun!

There's good action in this one.

I'm liking this a lot.

Ohhhh. I didn't think Kevin would stay away long.

Sami's THIS CLOSE to winning.

Very good work.

- Post-match:
Yeah if Kofi would have lost, would Owens still get his title match at MITB? I do look forward to Kofi vs. Owens, though.

-- 205 Live:
- Kanellises:
GOD this show feels so irrelevant.

This is an opportunity for Kanellis to move up in the Purgatory that is 205 Live.

- Kendrick promo:
This could be a pretty fun match.

- Nese vs. Ligero next week:
That should be good. I'd like to see more NXT UK integration, but obviously that would be expensive.

- Ariya vs. Noam:
Good work so far.

It's good to see both men wrestle again. They were both gone from the ring for a while.

Hahaha it didn't take long for someone to claim the ankle lock.

Pretty fun!

- Post-match:
Well that was a little odd.

- Oney promo:
Blaaaaaahhhhh. So many promos blend together. One of the biggest failings of this generation is coming up with compelling characters.

- Singhs promo:
Simple, but effective.

- Post-match:
Imagine a billion Indian Twitter users. Holy shit.

- Kanellises/Drake:
Fine enough.

- Fatal 4 Way next week:
It's an NXT UK crossover episode.

- Gallagher/Humberto:
Standard 205 Live segment.

- Kanellis vs. Akira:
Well this got intense early.

This is more fun than a standard match.

OH MY GOD that countered suicide headbutt.

This is pretty solid.

Haha great job hitting the trash can.

I'm starting to want to see a hardcore title so they can have random plunder matches.

I'm liking this pretty well.

OUCCCCHHHHH that German to the apron.

NICE tables spot.

Pretty wild ending.

- Post-match:
I'd say that's a definitive win.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment