Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Raw Reax - 5/6/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Vince/Roman/Bryan/Kofi/McIntyre/AJ/Seth:
Well Goddamn pal I guess Roman's not starting the show after all.

They're definitely starting off with important people.

If Roman gets in a fight with cops, is he still a face to the WWE demographic?

Oooh Roman acknowledging things haven't changed to fans' liking since December.

I guess the Shakeup is a heel thing from the evil McMahons now.

The McMahons are losing control! It is good to see Bryan again.

Wow just throw the whole Shakeup away why don't you?

So what's the draw to watch Smackdown Live if these names can pop up on Raw when they feel like it?

I do love the Bryan/Kofi back and forth.

Ha Vince just giving in to the Superstars making the rules. If only it was like that backstage!

So in WWE kayfabe, what do Smackdown Live stars do on Mondays? Kofi insinuated they don't have anything to do.

I mean, yeah, if Vince isn't going to enforce the Shakeup, someone's got to step up.

Wow Vince is full of ideas here.

Might as well make the whole show people asking things from Vince, huh?

Haha Vince making things up at the last minute is pretty accurate.

Yeah sounds like they're making this up as they go along.

Yes, Smackdown Live existed a LONG time before AJ showed up.

Vince setting up a match so he can get out of there before other stars make demands!

- AJ/Seth vs. Lashley/Corbin:
Oh yeah it's the "partners who don't get along" thing.

Fine work so far.

I'm liking this so far.

Rollins and AJ are working circles around Corbin, but that fits his style.

Ha. Miscommunication.

Oh wow. Corbin just pinned the champion. That should put him in contention, right?

- Sami/Braun/LHP:
I completely see Sami as Vince or the writers venting anger.

Sami's growing on me in this role.

I was wondering when someone would get tired of his promos.

Looks like we're going to have a chase.

Sami's trapped.

I'm all for a Dumpster match.

Ummmmm what are they going to do with that trash?

- LHP squash:
Jeez. Quick night for the partiers.

- Natalya/Naomi/Dana:
Oh I like Lacey's invitation.

- Miz backstage:
Man, does he not have anything else to do?

- Ricochet vs. Roode:
Nice work so far.

Fun work from Ricochet as usual.

Well so much for Roode's reboot. Ricochet in MITB is definitely going to be more fun, though.

- Rey/Dominic/Heath/Joe:
See, they're giving new people screen time. When was the last time you saw Heath Slater on Raw?

I liked that Joe/Dominic segment.

- Lacey squash:
Eh.

- Post-match:
Lacey is definitely a strong promo.

Becky not wasting any time!

Pretty fun overall.

- Bryan promo:
Bryan is so caring to do all this for us.

- Hawkins/Ryder vs. Raiders:
I like the champions trying to get the win early. They know how dangerous their opponents are.

Hard to think five months ago the War Raiders would be having a competitive match with Hawkins and Ryder of all people.

Yeah I think we're in for new champs at MITB.

- Fun House:
Oh my God this got heavy quickly.

Well this is something special.

Amazing. People will be talking about this for years.

- Seth/AJ:
I'm glad this has some heat to it now.

- Roman vs. Drew:
Fine work so far.

Ahhhh Drew's so good.

I like this so far.

This one's been pretty good.

Wait I thought Miz was on the lookout for Shane?

- Post-match:
Wow I guess word spread about this "Smackdown Live talent can appear on Raw" thing.

Ha. Miz ineffective once again.

This was pretty fun.

Fun work between Shane and Miz.

- Usos/Revival:
Maaaaaaan this is bad.

This might as well be a commercial for AEW. WWE's doing a wonderful job getting fans excited for an alternative.

- Kofi interview:
Good enough.

- Lars vs. Jose:
Fun destruction here.

OK I'm liking this.

Good segment.

- Vince/Lars:
What happened to Vince's backbone? He's pretty much letting people do anything tonight.

- Kofi vs. Bryan:
Bryan's motivated to win.

This is pretty flashy. I like it.

I've missed Bryan in the ring!

I like how these two work together.

Solid match!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment