Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Global Wars Dearborn Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's HonorClub special event.
- Draper vs. Sensation:
Well this is an interesting contrast.

This was just kind of there.

- Post-match:
I'm curious how things go for this tournament and its competitors. In theory there's room to move up the card with key names potentially leaving when their deals are up.

- Pre-match:
I like the story with these characters.

- Silas/Woods vs. Bouncers:
There's some good work here early.

I enjoy Silas trying to get Woods to embrace his dark side.

Oh. Looks like this was primarily about building to the Kingdom match.

- Post-match:
Clever enough use of the characters. Silas is great.

- Rush vs. Triton:
Good energy to this one. It felt like it actually mattered.

- Haskins/Titus:
Simple setup for a match.

- Haskins vs. Titus:
Nice start to things.

I like the work from both men here.

I think both of them got to show some of what they're capable of in this one.

- Briscoes promo:
That match could really be good.

- Allure/Klein/Sumie/Jenny:
I'm really starting to think Bully and Velvet are gone. I fully expect Bully to politic to get into AEW now.

Damn. They really made Klein sell for Mandy Leon.

Interesting to tease a three-on-two match. Even if Velvet was on this show, she stated she wasn't wrestling.

- Cobb vs. King vs. Tracy:
I like the start here.

Kenny King brings much needed personality to ROH matches.

I'm impressed with the athleticism in this one.

Everyone looks good here.

I'm liking this a lot!

A lot of run-ins on this show.

Fine to set up King vs. Taylor.

- Castle/Hendry:
Hendry is... interesting. He stands out, though.

- Lethal/Gresham vs. Castle/Hendry:
I like the Castle/Hendry dynamic.

Good technique early.

OK I'm enjoying the Castle/Hendry stuff here.

That was really solid.

- VE vs. Rey/Hechicero/Okumura/Barbaro:
I enjoy the contrast in this one. It's a break from the usual ROH work.

The CMLL names definitely stand out! I like it.

Fun lucha teamwork.

I love VE. This is good.

There's a lot of impressive work here.

Wow. That was a heck of a match.

- Taven/Vinny vs. Volador/Stuka:
I like the energy here.

This is pretty fun.

I'm very impressed with Volador. I'd like to see more of him.

Damn. This is really impressive.

- Shelley/Gresham:
Good to see Shelley again. Glad he'll do more in ROH.

I like the idea of a Shelley "tour" or whatever working with names he wants to face.

Right? Where's Gresham's title match?

Works for me! Not sure why that specific show was chosen, though.

- J. Briscoe vs. Bandido:
I like how these two work together.

I like the use of the seconds, too.

Yeah, this is really heated. I like it.

This is a hell of a match.

Christ that was a hell of a lariat.

Wowwwwwwww. Impressive work. Worth checking out. 

- Post-match:
And the quest to get Taven over as the most important person in ROH continues. 

Yeah Volador's going to want that back, Rush.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment