Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Raw Reax - 9/2/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Contract signing:
It does feel like there are a LOT of titles in wrestling right now. Sheesh.

This is a pretty intriguing situation.

Hmmmm. Interesting interruption.

WHOA. Bringing back the notion of the US and IC champs as contenders to the top titles.

Hey at least AJ wants a match. A lot of heels would duck an opportunity.

I'm loving how things are more integrated now. It's not just all heels vs. all faces.

Hmmmmm maybe the Clash lineup isn't settled after all.

I liked that!

- Seth/Braun vs. Karl/Luke:
I like the story here. The match doesn't just feel like it was thrown together to kill time.

It's fun to see how these names and their styles mesh.

Wow. Surprising ending.

- Post-match:
Good work to build toward the Universal Title match.

NICE. Everything's coming together pretty well.

You know I don't think I'd mind Roode and Ziggler in The OC, although it wouldn't be The OC anymore if they added non-original members.

- Cedric/OC:
Damn The OC aren't limiting their targets, huh?

- Roode/Ziggler vs. Hawkins/Ryder:
Man, Ziggler and Ryder have worked with each other for quite some time now.

Nice teamwork from Curt and Zack.

Wow. Didn't expect Hawkins to use the Pele.

I was impressed with the former tag champs there.

- Lacey vs. Natalya:
I've missed Lacey as a character.

Not bad so far. Good aggression.

Haha. Classic ending.

- Becky/Sasha:
I LOVE the character motivation here. They're pulling from backstories.

Whoa, Becky is the face of the company? A little soon to say that.

BASED acknowledgement of Nia's role in making Becky a star.

This is GOOD.

I liked that other than the profanity at the end. That always feels cheap.

- Corbin promo:
I'm all for Baron banishing the anti-WWE trolls.

- Corbin vs. Cedric:
Nice to see what Cedric's capable of.

Corbin's fun at playing spoiler for more flashy stars.

I liked the Neutralizer counter.

Haha that's one way to counter a springboard move.

Good work all around.

- Bryan statement:
I have a feeling Roman won't give him an apology.

- Austin next week:
I like that! One way to possibly mitigate interference.

- Bayley interview:
Ooooh I like this side of Bayley.

Right? Stop shading the other women's title.

- Jobbers interview:
Ahhhhhh. Classic.

- Raiders squash:
Now that was fun.

- Sasha interview:
YESSSSS. I liked that.

- Joe promo:
WWE's doing a better job with having people talk before their matches.

- Ricochet promo:
Not bad at all.

- Joe vs. Ricochet:
I like the technique on display at the beginning.

Fun to see Joe be the big bully to the high-flier.

Good story to this one. Each man has a logical strategy.

Ricochet's moves are off the chart.

Well. That was a strange ending.

- Post-match:
Kind of a gimmicky finish, but we'll see where it leads.

Heck, let them fight again!!!

- Seth/Braun:
That was a good sell for next week. I like the tension.

- Fun House:
Hahahah this is so fun.

God that was great!!!!

- KOTR followup:
I like the way Corbin thinks!

Oh man if Corbin beats them both people will seethe.

- Rey interview:
This has been a really good story.

So Dominic heel turn when? I'd mark out for him siding with Andrade.

- Miz vs. Cesaro:
Cesaro's fired up. I like it.

This is fine. Miz is holding his own.

These two are matched up well.

Not bad at all!

- Becky/Bayley vs. Alexa/Nikki:
I didn't think Sasha would stay away from this!

Funny stuff with the ring skirt.

Alexa and Nikki have made for a better team than I expected.

Becky was looking good until Sasha got involved.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA Bayley wanted to use the chair herself!

Cool stuff. Maybe we'll see a four-way Horsewomen's match at HIAC?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment