Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Queries on Melina and Jackson Andrews in TNA, WWE promotes former Divas in Lilian video, JR talks FCW, Questions on Jeff Jarrett, a face stable, Daniel Bryan, and Nash, Wes Brisco profiled, interesting WWE memorabilia, another pro-TTTT piece, Daniels interview, and why Bischoff wasn't at Final Resolution

Today's news starts off with some recent queries. While I've addressed both topics before multiple times over, I continue to get asked about them so I'll mention them again:
1. While there was talk of bringing Melina into TNA once John Morrison's WWE contract expired, now that he's taking some time off from the business, it's unknown whether or not they'll bring her in. It seems that her future is tied to his to some degree. If there's any update on either or both heading there, I'll be sure to report it.

2. No disrespect to the guy, but I'm really surprised that I still get queries on Jackson Andrews possibly going to TNA. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been anything to suggest that he'll end up there. I honestly can't remember seeing much of anything on him period since his WWE release. If there's every any news on that front, I'll cover it, but it doesn't look like something that's going to happen in the near future.

As for news that actually something new to comment on:
WWE covered the returning Lilian Garcia's music video, featuring former Divas Torrie Wilson and Candice Michelle. The three of them at one point did a weekly post-Raw show (and possibly more). I know Maria Menounos (at least) once stopped by to talk this year's Tough Enough as well.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and PWInsider.com's questions. First up, Jim Ross looks at the status of  WWE's developmental system.
Jim Ross had positive things to say about his recent visit to WWE's developmental territory. Good to hear that there are some talented performers in-the-wings. Hopefully they're given chances to spread their wings when they get to the main roster. I envision the glass ceiling breaking and the Nashes and HHHs stepping aside so everyone else moves up, but I don't know how realistic that hope is. It's up to the fans to take to the talented up-and-coming superstars they want to see pushed more so that that can happen. I continue to recommend NXT and Superstars as places to see young, hungry talent. If that's what fans want to see, it's right there on WWE.com.

On to PWInsider.com's questions:
1. I can see both sides to the "extortion" argument. He certainly had WWE in the palm of his hands in that scenario. Honestly, it's a little like C.M. Punk's situation from the summer (though Punk's contract wasn't up before a PPV). Jarrett certainly could have done what they suggested, but did go through with a "Good Housekeeping" match of all things with Chyna before heading out. He got a lot of money out of it, and I cean see how some would take issue with that. As for the Angles, apparently Kurt's ok with them being together for what it's worth. I won't go further into that unique and potentially awkward situation, because it's not really wrestling-related (and I don't consider it my business to pass judgment on their relationships). Other than that, I have heard that Jarrett's a genuinely good guy, though of course many disagree with some of his business decisions.

2. Hmm... they brought up a good point but I think it could potentially be done. This is hypothetical, but I think C.M. Punk could lead a stable with Daniel Bryan, Zack Ryder, and Evan Bourne, pushing for them to get more noticed in the company. Would it be great? Maybe not, but for something fairly short-term I think it'd serve its purpose.

3. To me it looks like they're pushing him as a spirited competitor who fights through injuries. If he wasn't getting pushed, I don't think they'd invest that much TV time in getting him over. It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up.

4. I personally see it as a case of the younger audience not knowing enough about who he is and why he should be seen as such a big deal, and the older audience preferring to see other talents. Either way, I've been quite underwhelmed with his performances and hope he's gone sooner rather than later.

5. As they mentioned, he can only cash in for the World Title. And that scenario leaves out Alberto Del Rio. I guess he'd get the winner or something? Kind of a wonky idea, honestly. Why throw away the Mania build for a "spur-of-the-moment" match?

Former FCW wrestler Wes Brisco was profiled. He's taking indie bookings to diversify his work before trying to get back in WWE developmental. Smart.

WWE will soon be releasing signed plaques featuring part of the canvas from C.M. Punk's and Mark Henry's respective matches. Cool.

Here's another piece on Tribute to the Troops, with WWE superstars visiting the National Guard. I do know that Rob Van Dam didn't want to be a part of the event one year, but other than that I haven't heard of anyone turning it down.

Christopher Daniels was interviewed ahead of Final Resolution.

Finally, Eric Bischoff, the Executive Director at TNA, did not attend that PPV due to taking care of personal business in Arizona. Hulk Hogan was similarly absent, having appeared at Spike's Video Game Awards.

That's all for Sunday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment