Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

Raw thoughts- 12/19/11

Last night at WWE TLC, C.M. Punk survived a hectic and danger-filled main event to retain his WWE Championship. Also, Triple H felled his nemesis Kevin Nash with a sledgehammer, and a new United States Champion was crowned. Tonight, things pick up where they left off. What will the returning monster Kane have in store for John Cena? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Now THAT'S how you start a show.

And the commentators are putting the show over, thank goodness! Let's keep this up the whole night.

Very good reaction. They're on to something with him.

At least C.M. Punk knows who we want to see on this show. It isn't Laurinaitis.

Punk, Ryder, and Daniel Bryan standing on top of the WWE? That's really amazing. Who would have seen that this time last year, or even 6 months ago?

Bryan's music is still kind of goofy, and he looks kind of out of place with that title. BUT I think he can prove the naysayers wrong.

Philly loves their ROH alumni.

Shut up, Cole. This is a great moment. We don't need you ruining it.

Bryan's not lying. I was shocked that the company brought him back for Summerslam last year. He's come a good way since his NXT debut.

And three more very talented performers coming out of the chute.

Building new stars. I'm cautiously optimistic about Bryan as Champion for now.

Well, that wasn't awful from Laurinaitis.

Kane might be an "old face" but at least he's got a new look.

Jesus. They're not wasting any time on that rematch, are they?

Time to show Barrett's got a chance is this new WWE as well.

I hope 2012 sees more of Barrett. I'm ok with Orton being a big part of it, too.

Barrett vs. Bryan would be good given their history. I wouldn't mind Orton/Bryan either. Lots of good coming up in WWE. The future is now!

Great match. I'm in a generally good mood right now since it looks like both companies are headed in the right direction and not just relying on the same old, same old.

Winds of change. I like it. That's actually a reference to a promo he cut on NXT Season 1 if I'm not mistaken.

Good. Building up Barrett. He's earned it. I'm ok with how things went last night and tonight.

A sledgehammer ladder match. This actually happened. It made sense, though.

God... Kevin Nash in a ladder match. In 2011. Why did anyone think this was a good idea.

Uh-oh. That means he might be back in 6 weeks.

#&$@*#& Alicia Fox again. I don't think she's ready for this level of a push.

Tintin is quite amazingly generated. The "painting" was pretty clever.

Where's Natalya?

Eesh. Remember when she was a wedding planner?

So that's what trending means, eh?

Oooh.. that was kind of weird. I don't hate Alicia or anything, but really?

Ditto for that promo.

Good line to sell WWE magazines.

Now we're really getting the Tiger Ali Singh vibes.

That might mean more if Jinder ever won matches.

I wonder what's trending in Ireland and India right now.

I do think it would be great for him to ride in on elephant, but that would cause all kinds of problems.

I like Jinder's menacing facial hair.

Putting over the superstars as credible and important. GOOD.

Welp. Nice seeing ya, Jinder. I had Sheamus/Henry penciled in for Mania, but that one doesn't look likely.

Got that video hurts my head.

I wish they promoted PPVs this much.

Are any of those new Cena Sucks shirts in the crowd?

Not really what I hoped for in Cena's promo, but it got the job done.

Didn't think we'd see Henry tonight.

Heheh. Somewhere, whoever came up with that old gimmick is smiling.

New Titantron. Good. They goofed last week showing bald Kane.

That mask is actually kind of scary.

REALLY!!??? All that build up, then Cena's easily able to take him over the top rope?

I guess it was kind of a hope spot.

I thought he was going to choke him with the T-shirt for a minute there.

Kind of odd and unexpected. Why didn't he put him through the table? Must be some kind of message.

Talented people getting opportunities outside of Superstars!!

Glad the Colon cousins have matching gear now.

Good for the commentators for putting over the tag team division and the performers in the ring. Keep it up!

So, if they're Rikishi's sons, does that make him Rikishi Uso?

Good stuff. I like where this is going. Epico's ready for this role, and I'm glad Primo and Rosa are being used now.

What... that was kind of funny but there had to have been better ways to get over that show.

You know, I can't think of the last time someone backstage mentioned what happened in a commercial that just aired.

Hmm. Glad they're setting Rhodes up well. Kind of funny by Santino too.

Cody Rhodes showing why he belongs early. Former Intercontinental Champion he's facing off with, if you can believe it.

Well, that wasn't bad. Could have been worse.

Is this going somewhere? Who are the Bellas going to kiss, anyway?

WHY? Why must you do this kind of thing?

Daniel Bryan's the World Champion. Still getting used to that.

Zack's dad's a recurring character on his show.

Please don't tell me we're just going to go back to Big Show as champ soon. I do think this could end up being a pretty big feud for the Dragon.

I hope Dolph continues to go in a positive manner despite losing the title.

I like Del Rio's new shirt.

Send get well wishes to @RRWWE!

No, weird schoolgirl. I don't understand. I don't think anyone does.

I like the through the people entrances, though it does make Bryan like kind of tiny.

I think we get the point, Cole. How many times has he used the Three Stooges quip?

Who would have thought Bryan, Ziggler, and Bryan would be headlining Raw in 2011?

The crowd is really into this, as they should be. Let's keep this vibe going.

Wow. Dated references from Cole.

Shout out to Jill Thompson for Daniel Bryan's great ring gear.

Young, talented wrestlers wrestling to the best of their ability. Good to see.

"Hey, we'll give you a great main event, but you have to listen to Michael Cole on commentary the whole time".

WOW indeed. Punk can move.

That one was for you, Macho Man.

Phew. Thought Miz was going to tap there for a second.

The sad thing about this match is that someone has to lose it.

Eeeh. A little too soon for Bryan to be making Del Rio tap, but at least they're putting over Bryan instead of Big Show.

And that's a wrap. Good going for everyone. Hopefully we're laying the groundwork for the future here.  I'll be back Wednesday for NXT, and a news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment