Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tribute to the Troops thoughts- 12/13/11

It's the most patriotic show of the year as WWE pays tribute to the men and women in the armed forces. And what better way to do that than with 2 hours of wrestling? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happesn.

Nice video package to start things off.

That's certainly a big start for the celebrity videos. Glad the president filmed that.


Ha. No Twitter handles tonight I guess.

I love Barrett's jacket. Not sure specifically why other than it makes him stand out more.

I guess the whole "going AWOL" thing's been smoothed over now.

I like this match and the commentary going with it for being mostly serious for once.

Generally, if I'm not typing much during a match, I'm liking it. That's the case here. Two good performers I hope we continue to see as important players in the company.

Yeah, that DDT on the outside would have HURT.

Hahaha. Nice ending. Saves a definitive ending for Sunday.

A table at Tribute to the Troops?

I wonder what the kayfabe (storyline) reason is for such things being under the ring. I guess for the sake of the crew or... something.

Oh, thank goodness. The whole issue of the feud is to see either Orton or Barrett put through a table. If that happens tonight, why tune in Sunday?

Looking forward to that main event.

I like the celebrity videos.

One advantage to doing this in an "actual arena" is backstage interviews and the like.

Good promo from Barrett.

I wonder what the like/hate ratio is for Nickelback right now. There are people who REALLY don't like this band.

Kind of weird that WWE would promote a song with so many alcohol references.

Pretty cool stuff with the airplane jumping.

You've got to have an all-American American at Tribute to the Troops.

Ahh, Zack Ryder. Glad he's getting mic time, because the crowd's really into him these days.

Got to have Sarge on the show as well. Nice linking him with Ryder. Legends working with current stars in a way that puts the attention on them. I like it.

Ok guys, time to get back to things other than arguing.

Good little match-up we've got here. Talented people involved.

Ziggler's got "it". A natural showman.

Doesn't get much more heelish than shoving down Slaughter at Tribute to the Troops.

Good match. Did everything it needed to do to set things up for Sunday and get the characters over.

Yeah, Swagger just tapped to a star from an older era, but it's Tribute to the Troops so it can be argued that it "doesn't count" as much as it normally would.

Pretty cool idea from Slim Jim.

Jackman's a great guy.

I figured they'd have a little more to set up the celebrity match. 

Ha. She's actually the co-host, but you know...

Had a big crush on Maria when I was in middle school and she was on Channel One.

Not bad by Maria. I've seen worse.

I like the feud idea.

Damn you, Eve, and your dance.

Great facial expressions by Maria.

Chaos time.

Not bad. Though this continues the string of upsets on Beth. She seems strong enough to kick out of such relatively skinny females' covers!

Not bad from the Muppets either.

As long as we don't hear that song from Titanic, we'll be good.

Yeah... not feeling this guy's act.

Actually, Nash climbing a ladder might be funny in a different way.


Back to commentary BS.


Bryan vs. Rhodes should be a good one.


Rhodes has some nice swagger as well. He's REALLY grown as a performer since the move to Smackdown.


Booker actually is old enough to be Rhodes' father.


Booker wrestling has got to be better than Booker commentating.


These two are putting on a pretty solid match-up (though I'd expect nothing less).



Ideally, the other commentators would explain WHY Bryan tried to cash in, since it was established.


Commentators shouldn't attack wrestlers!!!


Great match and storyline advancement. Rhodes has a real chance to move up the card with this feud.

I guess it could be argued that since Rhodes just had a competitive match, so can't give 100% to the brawl with Booker.

Not really my cup of tea.

Bourne talks? Good little segment.

Robin Williams is a WEIRD dude.

Well, that was interesting.

My goal in life is to be awarded a WWE Championship for something other than wrestling.

I like these four. Young, talented performers who give it their all.

I missed Evan in the ring. Very unique performer.

Nice ending sequence. I'd like to see more like this and less like what we got in some parts of Raw. Sheesh.

God, I love Christian. Such a smarmy douchebag.

Drew McIntyre... is... on TV. I don't believe it. VERY talented guy and it's a shame he's overlooked.

Another case of me sitting back and enjoying the match.

Fine match. McIntyre continues to be the punching bag, but at least it's for Sheamus and not Kevin Nash or Triple H.

I thought that was Sheamus talking at first.

Regis!

Looking forward to this one.

Hey, AJ made it onto the show after all.

There's a WMD joke in here if someone wants to make it.

Weird seeing Kane's dark return matched up with Cena's music.

Good start. Everyone's got their working boots on.

They could have done a LOT more with Show/Del Rio.

Mark Henry always looks angry.

I'd love to see Show tap to Del Rio, but no way is that happening.

I like this one.

If Punk makes him tap, he does beat him...

Nice WSS counter.

Loved the ending sequence.

And a good end to the show. Props to WWE for doing this and of course the troops themselves!

That's it for Tribute to the Troops. A news post is coming up soon, and NXT will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment