Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

TNA Final Resolution thoughts

Tonight TNA has a cavalcade of grudge and title matches. Bobby Roode has to defend his TNA World Championship against AJ Styles in a 30-minute Iron Man match, Jeff Hardy faces Jeff Jarrett inside a steel cage with major implications, and James Storm looks for revenge against Kurt Angle. It's a big card, and that's just the top 3 matches! Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Things were going fairly well there until RVD won. As much as I enjoyed him in WWE and as much as he still has "it", I think it's time to build up for the future.

Heheh. I can't help but laugh at the "women's wrestling mattering" part after the recent lingerie and bikini segments.

Better match than I expected from these two so far.

And then they had that stupid ending. I guess if they make the TV show better, the PPVs have to be worse.

I liked Devon and Dinero's promo.

Morgan and Crimson are looking pretty strong here for the most part. Morgan perhaps more so.

Good match! Everyone did good stuff.

I like the start of this one. Good contrast in styles.

Pretty good stuff from the X-Divisioners. Doesn't look like spots for the sake of spots.

Great stuff from both men. I liked them trying to "outheel" each other. Good move keeping the title on Aries. I think they could be onto something with him.

WWE should be watching this and kicking themselves for letting Gail and Mickie go (though there were some other issues in play).

Eeh... that finish was a little out-of-place and brought the match down a bit rather than adding to it.

James Storm is quite possibly one of the best talkers in wrestling today.

I love the ring psychology and story here.

Absolutely great work from both men so far. Storm could be on his way to something big.

I think even if Storm loses this one, he's getting over. Big match for him.

Can't wait for Storm to get back in the title hunt. Storm vs. Roode will be something to see when they build it up right. This is how you use veterans.

The Jarretts are great heels.

Yikes! Finisher kick-out fest here.

BIG match here. Lots of spots.

They went a little heavy on the dangerous bumps, but all in all I was impressed. I like where TNA's going for the most part.

Very good stuff to start this one off as well. I'd much rather see this than Nash vs. HHH.

I'm liking this a lot. Good story and solid action.

Really intense as things get down to the wire.

Hell of a finish. All in all, they did a very good match and set up for something pretty good down the line.

Very impressive show by the company. There were some hiccups near the beginning, but things have definitely been a lot worse for them. I really hope this is a sign of good things to come, because they've certainly set the stage.

That's all for this show. I'll be back for Raw tomorrow. A news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment