Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

WWE TLC thoughts

Tonight, Randy Orton takes on Wade Barrett to see who's going through a table, Triple H and Kevin Nash battle over a sledgehammer only reachable by a ladder, Mark Henry clashes with Big Show for the World Title with all chairs legal, and C.M. Punk, The Miz, and Alberto Del Rio collide for the WWE Championship in Tables, Ladders, and Chairs (Oh My!). All this, plus two other title matches. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Wow. Is Ryder over or what? This is a guy who was lucky to get on Superstars earlier this year.

Pretty solid match-up going on here. The future is bright for these two.

That was amazing! Good start to the show. Glad Ryder's finally getting his due.

What is it with Booker and Alicia anyway?

Interesting... what are they setting up here?

These two teams have been impressive on Superstars and Smackdown lately.

Great stuff from all four men. I hope this isn't the last we see of them facing off.

Why ruin what's been a great night with that garbage? I hope we're not in for another edition of Capitol Punishment as far as that goes.

These guys are showing that they belong as big-time players in WWE. It's a shame they're not competing for the World Title tonight.

Damn fine match-up. Good for both guys instead of Orton dominating the (hopefully) future star. 3 for 3 with matches tonight. I hope we get 7 for 7.

Well, hey, at least that led to Sheamus vs. Swagger instead of being COMPLETELY stupid.

So much for me predicting that Alicia would be next in line for Beth. Can't say I blame them in the least.

And a solid Divas match. They've got the potential to do good things in the division if they continue developing people.

Very good promo exchange between Miz and Del Rio, though it made both men seem somewhat weak because of those accusations.

I'm rather perplexed at why they're not doing Rhodes/Booker tonight.

HHH vs. Nash. Deep breath, everybody. I don't think this will be pretty.

For two guys not known for high-flying maneuvers, they're really making the ladder stipulation work.

Tables in a ladder match? I think they should save that for later.

Good. That was the right ending. Not quite as painful as I was expecting. I hope this is the end for Nash.

Not a bad segment with Punk. Hopefully we're not in for a bunch of BS in the TLC match.

Hopefully this match means Swagger could be moving up in the world.

Pretty good match, though a little shorter than I would have liked. Both of these guys have a good upside.

Please tell me we're not in for a Big Show title reign. I respect the guy's contributions to the industry and all, but his time has passed.

Good psychology and story-telling here.

Well then.... didn't see that coming. Groans from me for that ending.

Interesting. I don't really think that did as much for Bryan as perhaps it should have. Very curious as to how this'll play out. I'm not quite sold on Bryan as World Champion yet. I like him, but I don't know if this will work out as well as everyone hopes. Good luck to him and congratulations nonetheless.

Yikes. This PPV's all over the place. All these misdirections better be worth it.

Hmm. That could have gone better, but I think as long as Rhodes retained and didn't look like a total chump I'll be ok with it going forward (unless we end up with Booker winning on Smackdown or something).

Miz, Punk, and Del Rio are putting on a heck of a show so far.

Pretty clever spot with the handcuffs. Fantastic stuff in this one.

Yikes. Lots of sick bumps in this one. I hope no one's going home injured tonight.

Del Rio's got this one. Great stuff. I like that he looks pretty credible.

&$@#*$!@& I hope Rodriguez is ok after that one. This is getting scary.

Heartfelt applause to all three men for this one. Wow. Good stuff. Not really a huge miss on the entire show.

That's it for TLC. I'll be back for Raw tomorrow. A news post will be up shortly. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Chuck...I'm kind of confused as to what the company is doing with Daniel Bryan. He loses to an Intercontinental-level guy in Cody Rhodes just a couple of days before becoming World Champion? He's also lost a heck of a lot more matches this year than he's won, and a lot of those losses have been to Intercontinental-level guys (he's lost to Rhodes like four times).

    Last I checked, the company should want someone who is on a roll and has been booked to dominate to become a champion of that caliber. It's kind of what they did to Jericho a couple of years ago: He would lose sooo many matches, but yet he would win the World Championship a week later.

    Once again, I fail to understand WWE Management's logic. I like Daniel Bryan, but with the way he's been booked, I also agree with you in that it's hard to picture him as a credible World Champion. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have more in tonight's news post, but it looks like they had to "call an audible". Their solution wasn't perfect for the reason you mentioned, but I think/hope that down the line it will end up being a good thing. They have a chance to right their wrongs with him going forward, and elevate a talented superstar. I'd much rather see him as Champion than Big Show, though it could be argued that he's not "ready" yet.

    ReplyDelete