Total Pageviews

Friday, December 23, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 12/23/11

Last Sunday, the World's Largest Athlete faced off with the World's Strongest Man in a Chairs match. It was complete chaos, and once the dust had settled, we had a new World Heavyweight Champion. And it was... Daniel Bryan!? That's right, Bryan cashed in with Money In The Bank, and the men who had just clashed aren't happy about it. Mark Henry, Big Show, and the American Dragon are all in attendance tonight. How will things stand after the first Smackdown following TLC? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.



 New look for Big Show. Good. I was getting tired of the same old look.

I guess Bryan kind of got his moment Monday, so starting with Big Show makes sense to some degree.

Bryan can counter that it took him 10 years to make it to WWE, and was released a few months afterward. Big Show won the WCW Championship in his first match.

If Henry wasn't hurt, I'd like to see a Triple Threat between he, Big Show, and Bryan.

Well, Big Show was in "Jingle All The Way".

I wonder why there aren't any decorations on the stage (other than the episode with Foley kind of covering all that ground).

I'm not sure that you can see charisma.

Talk about your differences in size.

Way to point out all those criticisms and flaws.

Why do they let Cole crap all over the product? Why should we watch if things aren't going to be good?

They've got a good set up for a feud between Bryan and Show going into the Rumble.

Ryder vs. Cody Rhodes. Looks pretty good on paper.

What a smug jerk. Rhodes is great.

Ryder's got to be the success story of 2011.

Ugh. This commentary's taking away from this match, when they should be adding to it.

Great match! These guys are getting closer and closer to moving up the card.

Good for Ryder. Look at all those signs for him!

Not crazy about the Cody-Booker feud continuing like this. But it's all about whether Rhodes gets the rub from him when the feud's over, and looks better than he did before it started.

Ohh, Santino...

I thought Ryder was the assistant to the GM?

Nice little innuendos there... when's Aksana going to do something important on the show?

Ziggler's really growing on the mic. I think he could be a break-out star in time.

Show vs. Henry is now, while Ziggler vs. Bryan is headlining. While some of that has to do with Henry's condition, it's pretty risky (though admirable) that they're going that route.

Otunga's pretty smooth on the mic as well. I like his ridiculous bowties and argyle sweaters.

Interesting. I guess Henry's going to continue to be on the show, but not compete for a while?

I like how they're building up Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler tonight.

Though I wish they'd have announced his appearance beforehand, I like that Miz is on Smackdown tonight.

I'm hoping for Sheamus to answer the challenge personally.

These guys could have a pretty good feud I think. Sheamus has had his fair share of talk show appearances lately, too.

Nice plugs for the talk show appearances.

I like how these two play off of each other with their ring-styles.

Hmm... not crazy about Miz going down so (relatively) easily. Both of these guys should be near the top of the card for the company.

You know, in some ways the SuperShow format has been good. People like Ryder, Ziggler, Rhodes, and Barrett get more TV time than they would have previously.

Great segment here. Barrett's smugly presenting a one-sided story.

Glad Barrett didn't take the RKO. They should be setting things up to where when that does happen, it means something. They've got potential with this story to make something out of Barrett.

And then they fight backstage, kind of nullifying some of that.

I don't think anyone had "Randy Orton squirts someone with a hose" on Smackdown bingo.

Hmm. hopefully that's not the end of this feud, though it could certainly end worse for Barrett.

These videos are starting to get kind of redundant. Who the heck is playing them and why doesn't anyone in WWE realize that they're on the broadcasts?

I thought they were going back to the match that they just did on Sunday. Glad it's a singles match instead. Rebuilding the tag division either way.

Good stuff from both guys. Primo's been seriously underutilized.

Haha... Cole. No idea how many people will get that reference.

They're not ending that feud are they? I've liked it so far.

Good video package.

They're not really giving Ziggler and Bryan 30 minutes are they? That'd be insane. They could pull it off and all, but it's not something I'd expect.

Decent number of Bryan signs. Maybe this will end up working out for him.

My body is ready. Twitter better be on fire for this one, and people better tune in.

Ziggler's so good as a cocky punk, it's scary.

I guess this is all supposed to be a set-up for Bryan proving Cole wrong by being a strong champion or something. Otherwise, it's pretty stupid to bash the World Champion.

Jack Swagger's another guy who I think has a good deal of potential.

Good dive spot by Bryan. Shades of Chris Benoit.

I guess it makes sense to involve Show, since the others here haven't been fully established as main eventers yet.

CHAOS THEORY!!! This guy's winning me over as a credible champ.

Solid hurricanrana counter. The future is now.

Damned solid match-up. Both men are getting closer and closer  to being legitimate stars.

I'm ok with the match change, because theoretically the three younger guys will get the rub and look credible working with the established and experienced veteran.

Big Show's intense, I'll give him that.

Bryan's getting better with his facial expressions. Ziggler's particularly "on" with his acting here.

Wow. Bryan leaves it all in the ring, that's for sure.

I like the focus on the leg by Swagger.

And now Ziggler.

I want to see Bryan dig deep and get the win here. He's got the heart of a champion.

I would have been ok with Show KOing people to win, since he was on the apron for so long and was fresh.

Welp, I'm sold. Looks like a lot of others are, too. Well on his way to being someone I see as a legitimate World Champion.

Very impressive end to the show. Looks like things are going along smoothly for the building of the next generation of main eventers.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back Monday for Raw. A news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment