Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2011

Raw thoughts- 12/12/11

It's the most prestigious awards show in all of Sports Entertainment - the WWE Slammy Awards! A special 3-hour edition of Monday Night Raw honors the best and worst of the company from 2011. And if that wasn't enough, John Cena takes on Mark Henry in a clash of two of the company's top stars. TLC is just around the corner, and anything can happen. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Well, this is starting off weird.

I can't believe I'm really seeing this. Sports entertainment it is.

Santino almost winning the Royal Rumble's something a lot of us would rather forget.

Miz dressing up as Rock, however, was awesome.

If I was a first-time WWE viewer, this segment might prevent me from becoming a second-time one.

Wow. That was terrible.

Oh. Well, at least we get some entertaining goofiness from DiBiase and Foley. Got to be a step up.

Oh yeah, that one's got to go to the ring collapse.

Big Show cutting his promo short. Good.

I was hoping for Barrett feuding (and getting the rub from) Show post-TLC. Sheamus vs. Barrett for the World Title is something I want to see someday and that would go towards that goal.

This is great for making Show look like a monster, but what about the man who was positioned as a future WWE Champion?

What? Indeed. Didn't see this one coming. I guess bygones are bygones.

Why would they remind us of some of these awful moments? R-Truth was great, though.

Filler show!

Heh... Johnny Ace mannequin.

They could be doing SO much better at pushing storylines and the like tonight. I guess they figure a lot of us forgot to tune in at 8.

Could we save this for some kind of blooper reel or something? It was kind of funny, but felt like a waste of time 6 nights from TLC.

I think I've seen this chick somewhere recently...

That wasn't really a "Lita" moment. Lita's wild and crazy (and that's not a joke about her recent arrest).

Some good moments to choose from there. "Divalicious" kind of makes it seem less important than it is.

I'd probably rather hear Beth and Natalya talk.

Remember when these two were wreaking havoc all over the division? Feels like ages ago.

Beth/Natalya vs. Lita/Kelly please. Wouldn't put money on it happening.

WWE '12 looks good.

Wait... I thought the Bellas were heels.

The "omg" joke was good, but that segment in general was painful.

2-peat for Punk?

Really? Punk got robbed. But these are just to push stories forward, sadly.

Props to HHH for the awesome facial hair, but there are a lot of people I'd rather see right now.

That'll get people talking. No more Streak?

Can we just re-show their match from 2003 and call it a feud (end it)?

So many trending terms.

NO. NO. Bad WWE. This is seriously one of the worst shows in recent memory.

Oh... well, at least this match should be good.

Hopefully we're getting back to form here.

So far, so good.

I'm waiting for this to mess up somehow to fit with the general feeling of the show.

Alabama Slam!

Am I the only one who finds the trending talk kind of desperate?

Damn impressive match that the commentary could be doing a lot more for.

Hashtag clinic.

That finishing sequence! Very good stuff from all 4 men. WWE just got back some goodwill.

Shouldn't it go to the star who trended the most this year?

Mwahahaha Zig Zag. What a jerk. Hopefully Ziggler stays strong, but Ryder wins on Sunday.

Ha. Nice seeing Christian as well, despite the "severe injury".

Heck, Punk could be up for this one, too.

Edge could take it, too. I'd be fine with that.

I'm calling troll.

Heh. Good enough I guess. Cena needs a match on Sunday, by the way.

Weird seeing Punk and Orton on the same side after their WrestleMania feud.

Pretty good tag match so far. Four of the top performers in the company, and I'd like to see them get the attention that Nash, Laurinaitis, Twitter, JR and Cole are getting.

Three hours is a LONG time for a weekly TV show.

Really enjoying this tag match.

Good set-up for Sunday. Punk lost (will he do the same at TLC?) and Barrett got one over on Orton (will Orton get revenge?)

If this was Cena, he'd pop right back up.

Pretty good segment. Thank goodness this show's picked up and we're not just in the 2003 rehash/variety show vibe we had earlier.

Yep, I was wondering when we'd get the WWE Network ad.

Goldust and Vickie. Didn't see that one coming.

Hugh Jackman's my pick, though I loved the Muppets in their own way.

Also, I must be getting old since I don't like a lot of the music from these video packages.

Well, that was something... congrats to Snooki.

Hmm, well then. I liked this, but hopefully it doesn't make Jinder look like a joke long-term.

Injured people and former stars who aren't coming back. Why must you tease me, WWE?

I think Cena's got this one in the bag. Hint: his match is next.

Oh wait, yeah... fan voted.

I forgot what Punk said about Laurinaitis and not being on the show, so, you know... whatever.

I'm sure Colt Cabana would have loved to have accepted that for Punk.

Ok then. I think they might just be being deliberately and aimlessly cryptic (with the clues not having much meaning).

That's actually rather touching.

Finally, some more action.

Also, seriously, Cena's not on the card on Sunday?

And speaking of people not being on cards, where's Brodus Clay?

It's not just the weight preventing Cena from lifting him up. Henry's been clobbering him.

Didn't expect that to happen so soon.

I think I see a mask.

Well that's new. Really weird-looking, but new.

That's a lot more like it. Kind of funny seeing him with the fake hair.

That certainly makes things a lot more interesting going forward!

That ends Raw this week, and sets up so much more. I'll be back for Tribute to the Troops when time allows and a news post should be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment