Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2012

More live events for FCW star, stip added to Victory Road main event, Impact preview, Questions on working for WWE, Sheamus, time zones, and Taker in the HoF, WWE roster change, former Women's Champion at Mania?, PPV name returning, and more ways to catch WWE PPVs

Seth Rollins (formerly Tyler Black in ROH) worked this past weekend's Smackdown house shows, defeating Drew McIntyre. I've heard good things about him, so I hope we get to see what he's made of soon.

Bobby Roode vs. Sting at Victory Road has been made a No Holds Barred match. Cool I guess, since we need to move on from that for Lockdown (where the focus should be on Storm instead of Sting).

Here's the video preview for the 3/15 edition of Impact Wrestling. No mention of Daniels, Anderson's opponent.

For my take on the 3/11 edition of PWInsider.com's questions:
1. This is one of those questions that's unlikely to happen to me since it was addressed to them. I wouldn't think I'd be anything close to qualified for a job there.

2. I definitely think he can. A lot of it does depend on the Cena factor. They need to consistently build him and have him look good past Mania season. So many people have lost momentum after a big push, which has had a detrimental effect on the company's business in my view.

After the break, I go into everything else from 3/11, starting with the Undertaker in the Hall of Fame:

3. I don't know how I'd feel about PPVs being 3 hours "earlier" since they're a good way to wrap up a day in my view. That should be about the last impression I'm left with in a day instead of an additional 4 hours of news. It makes sense that they'd air tings live, though.

4. As strange as it will be to see him do such a thing out-of-character, I think he should do it that way. He can have an "Undertaker promo" to end his career on something like Raw, but one as "himself" on Induction Day.

I answered 5 in the last post, so I'll move on.

In updating their website, WWE has put the NXT-exclusive competitors exclusively on the NXT section of the page after some confusion with some of them being added to Smackdown. Now, however, they have Johnny Curtis (Smackdown), Curt Hawkins (Raw), and Tyler Reks (Raw) listed on more than one show. Not that this makes a huge difference either way in how they'll use them going forward, but it means they haven't "bumped people up" from the show to Smackdown. Speaking of the website, which looks amazing, it was re-designed as part of WrestleMania season.

Former WWE Women's Champion Madusa has teased an appearance at WrestleMania. I honestly don't think enough people would remember her for it to be worth doing.

WWE has officially brought back the "No Way Out" name for its July PPV. No word on if that alludes to any sort of cage match stipulation for the event (since WWE likes themed PPVs these days).

Speaking of WWE PPVs, they will now be available on Apple mobile devices. That's pretty cool. I hope that adds to the money they make.

That's all for Sunday's news. Raw should be up later tonight as I continue to try to catch up soon. Monday's news post should follow not too long after. Thanks for reading an I apologize for the lateness!

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, when will NXT's post be up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be tonight. It's not from neglect or laziness; there's just a good deal of stuff to get through in a day and I'm going in order from where I left off. As much as I'd love to do this all day, I also have school to contend with. I'd love to skip and watch wrestling, but I don't think that would be too beneficial for my academic career.

    ^Excuses. Unless there's an insane amount of news to cover, I don't see what would keep me from posting it tonight.

    ReplyDelete