Total Pageviews

Friday, March 16, 2012

Raw thoughts- 3/12/12

Tonight on Raw, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker will come face-to-face ahead of Taker's Hell in a Cell match with Michaels' best friend Triple H. Michaels will be the referee that night, which has big implications for the Phenom's legendary streak. Also tonight, The Rock in Concert vs. John Cena's Rap going into the Once in a Lifetime bout in less than 3 weeks! All this and plenty more, including "Psych"'s James Roday. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Very impressive attendance.

Now there's a blast from the past.

It's saying something when you get booed in Cleveland wearing a Cleveland jersey.

This is really something from the Make A Wish guy.

Not bad. It just feels a little odd seeing 2012 Cena impersonating that Cena.

Vickie interrupting something on HBK/Taker? That's unexpected.

Good point about Daylight Saving Time.

I'm liking Ziggler here. He could really grow into someone great.

Great. Another nasty looking bump.

Jerry Lawler getting knocked off air gets the person who does it points from me.

Good acting by AJ and Bryan. Bryan's really coming off as an absolute jerk.

NICE series of counters.

A GTV sign and now one  for Shane McMahon. Lovely.

Hey, that match gets a lot of people on the card.

Two kind of lower-card guys heading those teams. No disrespect to two guys whose work I really enjoy.

At least we're not getting Kane vs. Aksana. I briefly expected Kharma involved.

Yep, this match is just a background for two non-wrestling fighting.

Thanks for coming, Santino. I think he's protected for losing to two guys, but he did just get smashed after being on a roll.

We're going to end up with 12 people involved, aren't we?

I think Otunga looks kind of good here teamed with such a credible partner in Henry.

"Hey, one of our Superstars is going to be on another show. Let's make him lose a lot of matches so people are less inclined to tune in".

Miz seems like he did well in that role.

You know what makes me want to see a PPV? Knowing it's in a party town.

Is anyone surprised Alicia is more concerned about her outfit than her match?

So-so segment from the Divas.

Zack looks like a total tool falling for Eve here.

Remember when Beth was destroying Divas left and right? Now she wants to be on a show that my grandparents watch.

Tension between Eve and Beth? Weird.

You'd think the GM would know when his talent was on another show.

I liked Roday here.

Talking about play-acting on WWE's a little funny to me for some reason.

Brodus... Clay... I think I've heard that name.

Clay vs. Mahal? Someone's push has to end here.

They're going all out with these outfits. It definitely stands out and at least for a time was pretty over.

I like the Funkasaurus tights.

Brodus just squashed someone who's gotten a pretty nice little push so far in his career.

Clay, Naomi, and Cameron are really putting it all into their roles. Good to see.

The first appearance of HBK on the show is him casually walking backstage. Not exactly a huge deal that he's there by the way they framed that.

Nothing says "this is a really serious segment" like "Sexy Boy" playing.

Good history lesson that adds to Mania.

Only 3 weeks left. Wow.

A hatchet man sign.... maybe it is the late '90s.

What does it say that Undertaker's entrance is just kind of "another part of the show" for me now? I've seen it countless times now.

I'd love to know the backstage history between these two given their respective roles in the Attitude Era.

I wonder when they're going to show Taker's new hairstyle (or lack thereof).

Good "stirring things up" here.

Taker would accept losing? Interesting.

Does "end of an era" mean no more Taker at Mania?

Taker in his hood looks... very different to say the least.

Is HBK Alanis Morissette?

Again, it's kind of funny to me that such a serious segment ends with "Sexy Boy".

It's also pretty weird that we're getting COO Triple H more so than the guy with a sledgehammer (though that make sense given his role now).

Roday's good at what he does. Glad he actually likes WWE.

Wrestlers in their hometowns don't have the best track record.

You'd think the heel would hate the guy who goofed on him.

Punk's the best in the world. Jericho's just the best in the world at what he does. I think there's a difference.

If I hear "attitudinal" one more time...

This isn't as good as I expected from these two. I guess because it's not getting a lot of time to build to the bigger moves.

Nice GTS counter.

Start (continue) the "Miz getting buried" talk.

Whichever commentator made the "up in smoke" remark about RVD losing the title after getting caught with weed a couple of years ago gets some belated praise from me on here.

"Punk... you killed Katie Vick".

I've heard that before about Punk. That's kind of messed up to talk about.

Yeah, that's pretty messed up.

I wonder what the "belt snobs" think about Punk picking up the title like that.

Funny ad for Otunga. I think they could have done more with it, though.

Yeah, I don't think this will end well for Swagger.

With long promos being the norm, Orton and Kane stood out (in a good way) with their words to each other.

Lawler putting over Swagger instead of making a Vickie joke? I'm shocked.

I used to be a Viper like you, but then I took a Swagger to the knee.

Swagger's lasting longer than his lack of entrance would seem to have indicated.

For those who don't get why a splash is being called a Swagger Bomb, it's a Vader reference.

I like that the fans are chanting for an RKO without being prompted.

I guess Kane wanted to see the match end before messing with Orton.

That was kind of unexpected. Is Kane not here?

"Explosive night". I see what you did there.

Rock's "concerts" were fun back in the day believe it or not. There've been some pretty creative ways for Rock to dis someone.

What's the over/under for "trending" remarks tonight?

That's pretty cool. Wrestling can still draw.

This is kind of cheesy.

This is some really juvenile stuff, and it's not particularly making me want to see WrestleMania.

Kind of funny and groan-inducing at the same time.

What's this song called, "Cheap Pop"?

In the middle of these middle school putdowns, the line about the wife was pretty good.

Ok, the disses at the older Cena fans were funny, too.

Saw the "mom" line coming a mile away.

Finally we get Rock being Rock.

This is really happening. Rock is singing Queen with the lyrics on the screen.

I guess that had its fun moments, and was different. Rock fans will eat it up.

That's all for Raw. Two news posts, then NXT are also scheduled for today as I continue to try to get caught up. Thanks for reading and I apologize for being so late!

No comments:

Post a Comment