Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Smackdown thoughts - 3/30/12

It's two nights from WrestleMania, which means a LOT of Mania hype tonight from AXXESS. There's also Zack Ryder vs. Drew McIntyre and Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens!
At least we're starting with a match.

The commentary shows how hard it is to defend Ryder still being in love with Eve.

I wonder if Striker's referring to being fired as a teacher for trying out for WWE.

Good match so far.

Ryder's got a great connection with the crowd.

Clever commentary from Striker and Mathews. Can these two do this full-time?

Fine match from two talented undercarders.

Heh. There's also a tombstone for HHH from WM17.

The fact that they show Cole and Lawler giving serious commentary makes their usual bickering all the more terrible.

I didn't picture Lawler liking Madonna.

Lay-cool's Women's Title. Good times. Good times.

A match has been made for that pre-show. See the next news post for more.

AXXESS looks badass.

I bet Edge got tons of remarks about his haircut.

Lawler's a very good artist.

This flag-waving this is actually happening.

Wait... maybe if Johnny wins, he'll fire Booker as a commentator!

I did like the "choke artist"/chokeslam remark, though I still get that cringing feeling when I see Big Show. It's nothing he's doing wrong. I've just seen him so many times and there's only so much he can do.

So much cool stuff at AXXESS.

Uncharacteristically good selling by Lawler and Cole.

Jericho vs. Kofi's always welcome.

I honestly didn't think of the fate of the team members after WrestleMania.

Quite solid from Kofi and Jericho here. Glad this show isn't just video packages we've seen a ton of times.

I'd like to see these two have a full-on feud someday.

Has WWE ever correctly called the Liontamer?

The people who came up with some of these AXXESS exhibits are geniuses.

Twitter war. Ugh.

And that's the call to the last video package, so it looks like my work here is done.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back for WrestleMania tomorrow. Two news posts are up next. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment