Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TNA Victory Road thoughts

TNA had some big title and grudge matches on Sunday, setting the stage for next month's big Lockdown event. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happened!
Good way to start things off with a bang.

I guess this is a way to work around Storm's recent surgery.

Wow. That was quick.

Heh. TNA does like their behind-the-scenes references.

Interesting interplay between the two X-Division heels.

Luckily that cell phone had Twitter capability.

Lots of smashmouth stuff and spots, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

These two are playing off of each other well.

Nice ending sequence.

It'll be interesting to see how MCMG pulls things off in 2012 after the lengthy absence of Sabin.

These four guys go together pretty well with their very physical styles.

Crimson might finally get pinned here. Not sure if that's a good idea.

Well, so much for that team lasting. It was good while it did. Crimson vs. Morgan at Lockdown could work well.

Good stuff by Roode. Why did internet fans want this guy as a babyface again?

Hahaha. Robbie E's a guilty pleasure of mine.

I guess they can justify Robbie losing a match he "wasn't prepared for".

Not really who I wanted to see in the crowd...

Devon's really on fire here. He's still got it.

That being said, he just ran over two younger guys who had been built up for a while. It's all a matter of where things go from here, though. Maybe someone gets a big win over Devon to elevate themselves.

I could not care much less about Madison vs. Gail.

Not a bad match so far.

That was ok, I guess. Just not what I was hoping for.

I guess I'm just not in the mood for TNA tonight. Though I generally don't care all that much about Daniels, Kazarian, Styles, and Anderson even when I am.

Styles vs. Daniels is never "bad" per se, just something I've seen so many times that I don't care about it anymore. There's a reason they eventually stopped making Friday the 13th movies (before the reboot): things eventually get stale and you run out of things to do with the characters.

Good high-impact stuff. My issue's with the story more so than the wrestling (in other words, I don't really blame the workers here).

Pretty serious moves to end the match.

I like the shout-out to Angle's son (who, of course, owns all that Jeff Hardy merch).

Very nice start.

Angle and Hardy are really bringing it all here. Two guys who have still got it all these years later (inside the ring at least).

I swear I didn't know they did a spot with the arm bands beforehand.

That ending kind of ticks me off. While they had some REALLY good offense in that finishing sequence, Angle kicking out of a Swanton to win that way was a bit of a downer. Not in the "heel winning ruining the moment" sense, but the "big finishing move not ending the match" sense.

I'm not really sold on these Twitter-related interviews.

This could be very big for Roode, or a black eye for TNA's growth depending on how they play it.

There's something really "in the air" between these two.

Sting's pretty impressive here.

I LOVE the working over of the leg. Very Flair/HHH-esque.

This is pretty awesome. These spots mean a lot more since the match has been built up as a big clash instead of just "here's a match with a lot of hardcore stuff".

Kind of a weird ending, but I see why they did it.

WOW. That's how you put some heat on your heel champion.

Damned impressive show in places. Looking forward to the follow-up.

That's all for Victory Road. I'll be back for Raw sometime tomorrow. A news post is up next. Thanks for reading and I apologize for being so late!

No comments:

Post a Comment