Total Pageviews

Friday, May 3, 2013

Cena does more good, Interview with Naomi, Impact from Scotland, Stephanie and Angle profiled, Punk update, critically acclaimed match on Smackdown, Slammiversary poster, and Questions on the blue cage, WCW One Night Stand, Bronson, Motorhead, ECW, and Shane Douglas

Note: for all of today's financial news, hit the next post.

John Cena will have another Make A Wish kid with him on Raw, which will surely be seen by some segments of the IWC as a cheap ploy to get Cena over as a face.

Naomi was interviewed. In the NXT days, I thought she was very athletic but seemed to not fit well with the "sports entertainer" aspect that WWE pushes. Meaning, she was focused on the wrestling and not as adept at the off-the-wall challenges. For what it's worth, WWE.com still refers to him as Tensai. I like that she wants to be Divas' Champion.

Impact Wrestling will be broadcast from Scotland in early 2014. That's pretty cool. I like their expansion internationally. I hope the search for Scottish talent goes well for them.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Stephanie McMahon's workout was profiled, with quotes. That's an insane schedule. On one hand, I really admire her tenacity. But is it healthy to be that wired and on-the-go all the time? That takes "Type A" to a whole new level.

Kurt Angle gave some amateur wrestling tips. Who better to learn that stuff from?

C.M. Punk has been added to a few Raw tapings in late May/early June. His status is still kind of up in the air, but he is expected back.

Ryback vs. Daniel Bryan from tonight's Smackdown has been highly lauded. I can't wait to see it. I think they could play off of each other pretty well.

Here's the poster for TNA Slammiversary XI. So much for Matt Morgan being added. They better have a damn good Plan B for him. He's too good to not be involved in a big way. And for those who focus on this (I'm trying not to paint people by this factor as much anymore): the combined age of Sting and Bully is 95. Wow.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It would make perfect sense to use the old school cage for Old School Raw! That's a smart idea. I personally prefer the current cage. The blue one's kind of gaudy. And I'd be shocked if WWE tried to bring WCW back from the dead all these years later. Flair's retired. Hogan and Sting are in TNA. I think those are reasons enough to not do it. But yeah, I don't think there's enough interest.

2. I can't really find anything. Maybe WWE.com will do a "Where Are They Now?" on him. Seriously, no word.

3. Could have been a timing issue. Not everything's a nefarious plot.

Nothing to add to 4.

5. I don't even think I've been to a show involving the ECW brand, much less the original ECW. I didn't even know about ECW until the Invasion angle. I wasn't really in tune with things like I am now back then (though, you know, I was still in middle school).

6. I don't think there's much to add here either. He's definitely an important piece of the early days of ECW. Beyond that, I don't feel that I'm qualified to comment.

More wrestling coming up, namely WWE's financial news.

No comments:

Post a Comment