Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Raw Reax - 5/20/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Very good opening segment. The talk of sending Cena to the morgue was over the top, since he's not going to actually kill Cena, but other than that I'm glad he got some spotlight.

That didn't really do anything to rebuild Fandango, but I'm willing to see where things go from here. Miz vs. Barrett makes sense, and I wouldn't mind Miz being Champion again.

Fandango running from two former WWE Champions makes sense. I just hope he's still got a bright future.

I really hope we get Swagger vs. Orton. If the WWE Universe picks Khali, I won't want to live on this planet anymore.

I liked the Hell No/Kofi segment, since it made losing the titles important to them.

Sheamus vs. Titus wasn't bad at all. Yes, it continued to "keep Sheamus strong" at the expense of a developing tag team, but overall I see more value in him than in PTP. They've got potential, though, and hopefully get a good shot down the line.

Pretty good Heyman/Lesnar/Axel/HHH segment. Of course, everyone on the Internet "knew" that RVD was the 3rd Heyman guy. But yeah, Axel's a very talented guy and I hope he goes far.

I would have loved to hear Del Rio talk about his victory on Sunday instead of them going straight into a match.

Del Rio vs. Big E was pretty good. Langston has impressed me (though, yes, I like seeing some stronger, bigger wrestlers). I'm surprised that Del Rio lost the night after his big win, but maybe they have a bigger plan in mind here.

AJ vs. Layla could have been a lot better than that, but the point was to show AJ's craziness and to set up her match with Kaitlyn.

Rhodes vs. Ryder was ok to re-establish Rhodes as a threat. Of course, follow-up is going to be key.

I liked the show of dominance by Ryback: he's truly an impressive specimen. Poor Ryder though. Maybe he SHOULD go to TNA.

Awesome Shield promo as always. It's taking time, but they're generally being built well.

Pretty good 6-man tag. Good to see the young guns show what they can do in the ring. I think I might have saved the match for later (next week?) to build it up a little more, though.

I like that they're building up HHH vs. Axel. A win for Axel here would be pretty nice.

I was kind of hoping for Kaitlyn and Cody being an item given their previous interactions, but maybe there's someone interesting from NXT who will be revealed as her admirer.

Darn. I was hoping for a Swagger win there, but as always, let's see how things go from here.

That was kind of a strange ending. I would have liked the focus to have been on Axel and/or Heyman and Brock instead of HHH, but hopefully they'll eventually be the lead characters.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment