Total Pageviews

Friday, May 24, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/23/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Not a bad 8-person tag at all. It certainly didn't make me want to recommend anyone involved for a higher spot on the card, but it was fine to kill some time and warm the crowd up. Of course, I'd much rather see Antonio Cesaro or someone, but there's an audience for this kind of match.

Always good to hear a Sandow promo. He's good at getting the crowd to boo.

Nothing wrong at all with Sandow vs. Riley. Riley's good. He's just missing something in the way of characterization and something to "do" as a performer.

Impact Wrestling:
Pretty crazy opening segment. At this point, this angle's getting kind of long in the tooth and it feels like they're killing some time until the PPV. I hope some more interesting stuff happens on the road to the end of the angle.

Not a bad Suicide promo. It's still kind of weird to me that they're bringing back a character from a video game that was forgotten about long ago.

I'm sure someone spilled Mountain Dew all over their keyboard after that spotfest, wondering why more matches can't be like that. There was a time when I looked forward to X-Division matches. Now I shake my head in embarrassment that this is what "wrestling" has become. This is more of a stunt show than a believable match.

Nice that Sabin volunteered to be Storm's partner even though he already has a match then. Does he really think he can win both titles in one night?

Nice building of intrigue to Mickie vs. Velvet. I like that the females are feuding over something not related to a man's affection.

Pretty intense stuff with the Gut Check match (that wasn't). I don't see how they're going to keep upping the ante in the Aces and Eights feud.

Fine match/segment with Magnus and Joe vs. Aces and Eights. If I'm booking, there guys are in the Tag Title picture in a few months.

Fine Aces and Eights segment backstage. I wonder where D'Lo goes from here.

I'd find it kind of amusing if TNA had a character representing the Olympic Committee (think Cyrus in ECW or Palmer Cannon) and Angle ultimately kicked his ass.

It made sense for Anderson to beat Angle. I'm just not crazy about it as an Angle fan who hasn't seen potential in Anderson in years.

Good stuff with AJ, but it is REALLY time for him to choose one way or another at Slammiversary.

They've done a nice job of taking Taryn Terrell seriously. She was a very "fluffy" character in WWE with her skirt and pop music. She's much more serious here.

I would have marked out SSSSSOOOOO hard for Shark Boy as Storm's partner. I loved the Stone Cold knock-off character for how ridiculous it was. It wasn't shoved down out throats like a lot of WWE's comedy. All in all, a pretty good segment. I like that there's this much attention being paid to the Tag Team Title picture.

I like the idea of Park vs. Devon at Slammiversary. I wouldn't mind Park taking the title. Good segment. They've gotten a lot more entertaining stuff out of the Park character than I thought they would initially.

I liked Mickie vs. Velvet a good deal. I normally think title changes should be saved for PPVs (especially with one so close), but I'm willing to see where they're going with this. An idea I would have had would have had Velvet barely eke out a win leading to Mickie possibly taking the title at Slammiversary after going into killer mode. Gail and Taryn would also be in the title match.
 
Pretty crazy ending to Impact. They keep teasing us with the AJ stuff. I'm still interested in what they do with him, so I guess it's still working?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment