Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Query on Fandango's dancer, what happened after Raw, Interview with Sabin, Ryder hurt, Updates on Mysterio/Miz/Jericho, Raw's audience, Smackdown dark match, and Questions on WWE replays, Ambrose losing to Taker, Fandango, and The Shield

First up, a query:
1. I never heard the true identity of Fandango's previous dancer. I don't know how long they planned to have her around, since they've had Summer Rae in NXT for a while and this is a great way to introduce her. She was training as a wrestler, so I suspect we'll see her in the ring at some point. How permanent that will be will depend on a number of factors.

Doctors looked at John Cena's ankle after Raw. He apologized to the crowd for wrestling when he probably shouldn't have. He'll wrestle until he physically can't I think.

After that, Fandango came out with Summer Rae and danced. Of course, he taught the crowd how to pronounce his name correctly.

Chris Sabin was interviewed in two parts ahead of his TNA return. I'll be interested to see how he performs going forward and where his career goes. Will he tone down the "car crash" style that led to his injuries?
Zack Ryder tweaked his ankle on Raw. I don't see WWE doing any massive rewrites due to that. I hope his career gets back on track.

Rey Mysterio hopes to be back in the ring by this summer. Ahh, summer. You can't come soon enough. He's another guy I'm wondering about. All those bumps and injuries are adding up. I hope he can still contribute in a good way.

The Miz is expected back on next week's Raw after his filming. I wonder what they'll do with him.

Chris Jericho isn't scheduled to return to TV any time in the immediate future. He'll work a few live events when they fit into his touring schedule, but no "on-screen" appearances. It'll be interesting to see how he fits into things when he comes back. Obviously there's the set-up to continue feuding with Fandango and Ziggler.

Raw's audience this week was 4.29 million. I think we're pretty much in the post-Mania slump now.

Bo Dallas beat Curt Hawkins ahead of the Smackdown taping. I can't believe they'd give away a PPV-quality match like that and not even put it on TV. Ok, that's mean. I hope both guys are coming along well.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to really add to 1, other than a lot of people use DVRs or YouTube or something for that so they don't miss anything edited.

2. It certainly could have been handled better, though I don't think Ambrose should beat Taker clean one-on-one. He's good, but that's REALLY jumping the gun.

3. I don't really mind. This isn't a professional dance contest.

4. I agree that they're doing a pretty good job with them so far, and that it's Creative's job to make acts exciting (though the talent plays an important role in the process as well).

Nothing to add to 5.

More wrestling tomorrow and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment