Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/16/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact.
Superstars:
Sin Cara was impressive as always. I want to see what he can do in longer matches, which will be necessary if he is to become a bigger part of WWE. Not to discount McGillicutty. I think he could have a great future.

Rhodes vs. Riley was really nice! Glad to see Riley back (for this week, at least). He's really spiffed things up. Both guys should have good futures based on this match; they showed that they have "the goods" in the ring.

Impact Wrestling:
I love the look back at last week.

Pretty good opening segment. I love how they set up multiple storylines in the opening segment. Angle vs. AJ at Slammiversary should be pretty good. With TNA having fewer PPVs in a year, that feels like a bigger match than it would if they had just had a PPV a few weeks ago. I hope they don't go with Joseph Park and Abyss being the same person the whole time. It's much more fun this way.

I liked Storm's segment. He doesn't feel like a character TNA Creative came up with and shoehorned him into. He feels like he's basically himself turned to 11. You know, like characters used to be.

Good Christian York promo. It really is this easy to set up matches. WWE would run a video package showing the opening segment or something instead of giving him a promo. It's incredibly frustrating.

Roode vs. Chavo was fine, though I know some people will knock Chavo for doing Eddie's signature spots. Even though we've seen Roode vs. Storm a number of times, I think there's still juice left in it.

I like that they gave focus to the post-match.

I loved the Angle/AJ/Anderson segment. This might be the best storyline in wrestling at the moment. I can't believe that they made AJ interesting.

Good Jay Bradley promo.

Fine match between Bradley and York. It's clear that York in particular has some potential.

Another fine segment with Storm.

Good stuff with Aces and Eights. I can't believe I thought this angle should have ended at Lockdown.

Fine stuff with Brooke, etc.. I want to see a Mickie heel turn.

Not a bad Knockouts' match with some good psychology.

Nice post-match. Maybe we need a 4-way at Slammiversary for the Title?

Fine stuff ahead of the X-Division Title match. Sabin vs. King one-on-one at the PPV seems like the smart way to go.

I'll wait to see what they do with Suicide before I judge his return. Not sure why they're bringing him back, but maybe they have something good in mind.

The X-Division match was fine as far as X-Division matches go. It definitely didn't come across like a big story of someone returning from injury to go for the gold. It was just kind of another X-Division match.

Fine Bad Influence promo. I like that the jerks hate someone for being a jerk. Irony!

Another good Aces and Eights segment. Looking forward to more from them.

Fine grudge match between Hernandez and Daniels. They might have gotten a little heavy on the interferences, but other than that it was fine. I still don't see either man as World Champion material, but maybe I'd have a different perspective if I had watched them since "day one".

Nice set up for Slammiversary's Tag Team Title match. It'll be interesting to see if they take another chance on Chris Harris. He deserves a chance to redeem himself after the Braden Walker debacle. He just better bring his A-game. I used to hold him really highly as a performer.

Flair vs. Steamboat this wasn't, but it was fine for continuing the Aces and Eights story.

BADASS ending segment. Bully Ray's probably the best heel in wrestling right now. I wonder how many people were offended by that segment and want Bully to be fined?

All in all, pretty good show. More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment