Total Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2013

Interviews with Jessie/Otunga/Jericho, TNA stars in OVW, Ziggler update, WWE show ending?, and Questions on iconic entrance music, Bruno, Brock, and Jay Briscoe

TNA's Jessie Godderz talked. I like the catchphrases and how he puts over the people who got him where he is. I also think it was smart to pair him up with the veteran Tara.

The latest OVW TV taping featured the Blossom Twins, King Mo, Rockstar Spud, Jessie Godderz, Sam Shaw, Taeler Hendrix, Jay Bradley, and Rob Terry. All of those names are on the TNA payroll.

David Otunga was profiled. He's definitely in very impressive shape. Nice story of persevering and achieving your dreams.

Chris Jericho talked about Fandango. Here are some highlights. Vince is a pretty weird guy. At least he seems to be onto something with Fandango.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

JR updated Dolph Ziggler's status. I hope WWE doesn't give up on him.

Saturday Morning Slam will run through all of its original episodes at the end of the month. There are discussions for a second season to begin in the fall. It's not my favorite show of the week, but sometimes it has some good action. I don't think I'd miss it too much if it was gone, though there's something to be said for it giving some people some more experience by having them work the show.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I have to say that that was pretty iconic and always good for a strong reaction. Much of today's music doesn't create that kind of frenzy.

2. I'm pretty sure that they're working on some kind of DVD.

3. I also think they've done a pretty good job with him. Heyman has definitely helped that, but I think things would still be pretty solid with just Brock because he's built so well. I can't think of any new talent who's quite as impressive as Brock. People kind of forget that the talent has to be up to par for a big push to be successful.

4. I don't know enough about Briscoe to say whether it's a work or not. Since ROH punished him, I'm guessing it wasn't. It came off REALLY poorly and reflects badly not just on him, but on ROH and on the wrestling industry as a whole. It'd be one thing if it was in-character, but as a shoot? That's one of the dumbest, most backwards things I've ever read. I'm embarrassed that he's a pro wrestler. He has the right to his opinion, and I have the right to call him an idiot for having that opinion. For the record, it's not because he's against same-sex marriage that I'm upset. It's in how he expressed that opinion. If he would have put forth some kind of logical objection to the issue, that would be something different. Instead, he takes issue with it from a bigoted perspective (past Tweets talked about "fags" and "homos"). The fact that people like this still exist in 2013 is saddening. Hopefully this is the last we hear about his opinions, and WWE and TNA steer clear of him. Anything I've seen of either brother has been decidedly "minor league" anyway.

Nothing to add to 5.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment