Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Raw Reax - 5/27/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I liked the opening segment as far as Cena not being goofy. It seems a little out of nowhere to do a Three Stages of Hell match, but we'll see where it goes. Was an Ambulance match not EXTREME GIMMICKY enough? Maybe they're trying to appease the people who apparently wanted the last PPV to be CZW Cage of Death. I hope they're not giving away Axel vs. Cena tonight. I think of what Stone Cold said about facing Lesnar way back when. Cena's THE guy in WWE. Where the heck does Axel go after facing him and HHH in consecutive weeks?

Del Rio vs. Langston was pretty nice, though as always it would have been better with more time. Langston looked strong countering the cross armbreaker and he didn't lose "clean", so I think he's good. It was nice to see interference backfire for once.

Not crazy about the Hell No/Bret segment, if for no other reason than Hart was just kind of thrown out there as if he was just another cast member and not a WWE Hall of Famer.

Kofi vs. Ambrose was pretty good. I hope both guys have strong futures. I like a clean heel finish here and there. I don't think it hurt Kofi to lose, since he had a good showing. As long as he "rebounds" from the loss, it should be ok.

I liked the post-match. The Shield holding titles should be important.

Pretty good Tag Title match. While everyone did good things, I think Rollins and Bryan were especially impressive. Two more guys who I think could have great futures if used right.

I wish Dolph Ziggler's medical condition was treated in the same level of importance of HHH's. HHH is the COO, but the World Champion should get some updates as well.

Well, that was odd. They had a fine little match going on. I guess they were just using the match to set up a future Triple Threat for the IC Title. I have no problem with that.

The post-match continued the goal of setting up the IC Title feud. I hope we get a strong match out of the three of them for the Title at Payback.

So-so segment with Cena and HBK. If it leads to something more substantial, it'll be worth it. But as a short cameo, I wasn't crazy about it.

Comedy segment time! Time to talk about TNA or something. Slammiversary is on Sunday, headlined by Sting vs. Bully Ray in a No Holds Barred match. If Sting loses, he can never challenge for the World Title again. Also Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles in what should be a pretty solid "wrestling match". Both stories have some good heat to them. Seriously, there are alternatives to this kind of thing.

It would have been great if a big monster heel came along and laid out everyone in that match. Rybak pls. Seriously, save matches like this for live events and dark matches.

It is nice that they did something for Natalya's birthday with as much as they've put her through over the years.

Great segment between Jericho and Heyman, made all the better by the history between them (and C.M. Punk). I look forward to Punk vs. Jericho even though they've fought a number of times.

Heh. So much for the whole "being nice to Natalya on her birthday" thing. Not a bad match, but what happened to Kaitlyn vs. AJ? It's like it fell off the map.

I did find the post-match entertaining.

Nice segment with Axel and Hart. Axel beating up Hart would be pretty nice from a heel perspective.

Oh, snap! The Wyatt Family is coming! That video was SO AWESOME.

We had time for the 6-man comedy match but not a Damien Sandow promo? INJUSTICE.

I would have liked an upset from Rhodes Scholars to set up a feud, but maybe they have something else good in mind for these four men.

I'm not crazy that Cena kicked out of the Perfectplex unless Axel has another finisher. That said, Axel didn't look weak since he didn't lose clean.

Fine post-match. I like that Ryback looks like a threat to Cena. Maybe we'll see a title switch at Payback and get someone new on the top?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment