Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Santino opens school, Jericho's partner, Interviews with Hall/Cole, Mysterio update, and Questions on Bret invading, WWE/Star Trek, Chris Benoit, Brock then vs. now, and "the list"

Santino Marella will be opening an MMA/wrestling school in Toronto in July, called "Battle Arts Academy". It will be interesting to see how that goes.

Chris Jericho's dance partner on Raw as Edyta Sliwinska, who is a part of "Dancing with the Stars". No, I didn't know that off the top of my head. I'm assuming that was a one-time thing.

Scott Hall talked about the current state of WWE. There are a number of young "fresh" talents in the company (Del Rio, Swagger, Ziggler, Ryback, The Shield). They just generally aren't pushed as being as important as Cena and the part-timers. That said, I agree about selling being important. It seems like a lost art at times, especially among younger talents.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Michael Cole was interviewed. Oh my! Pretty funny story about The Undertaker. I also wonder what the business has come to at times. I have to admit that sometimes Cole made a pretty entertaining heel because he's so naturally hateable. They milked it a LOT, at the expense of the actual wrestlers, but at times he cracked me up because he's such a ham.

Rey Mysterio is hoping to come back to the ring soon. As for when we'll see him on TV, that remains to be seen. Maybe he can team with Sin Cara to take on The Shield for the Tag Team Titles?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think it could have been a possibility. That could have been pretty interesting.

2. I think a lot of "fight" scenes in entertainment pull from similar sources, so it's not a shock that there are some similarities. I wonder how much Star Trek/WWE fanfic is out there...

3. I think it's fair to say that Eddie was a stabilizing presence in Chris' life, and that his loss deeply hurt him. Whether him still being alive would have prevented that tragedy is up for debate. Benoit might have been so fr "gone" that not even Eddie could have helped him. The whole thing's still very raw and powerful almost 6 years later.

4. That one's really tough to call. I think I might have to give his previous run an edge just based on the opponents he got to work with then, namely Angle, Taker, Hogan, Rock, and Cena. In his current run, he's just worked with HHH and Cena.

5. I bet I know what that link is! Yeah, I'm not touching that one.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment