Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Interviews with Fandango/Costas/Rock, help Ion, an important piece of WWE history, and Questions on refs, Extreme Rules, being burnt out, Ambrose, and Cena

Fandango talked ahead of a live event, talking up his storyline with Chris Jericho. Fun stuff. He plays his character really well. This wasn't a standard "yeah, come see our show. We'll have good matches." type of deal.

Bob Costas talked about an old interview he did with Vince McMahon. I'd love to see another. Vince is not an easy guy to have a tough conversation with.

The Rock talked about a number of WWE topics. I'm glad that he put over some of the talented younger guys. I agree with The Shield and Fandango being solid. And I share in the props to the interviewer for knowing his wrestling.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

There's a fundraiser for Zema Ion in the midst of his injuries. I'm sure this news led to a bunch of health care debates. But yeah, that really sucks.

WWE.com looked at the title that Bruno Sammartino held. It's.... BEAUTIFUL. I'm glad that Millican didn't hold the company up for money.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. This is probably WAY low on TNA's priority list. It's possible, but I don't see it being a big deal for them either way. It's not like there aren't other refs out there they could get for cheaper to do a similar job.

2. Oh boy! This is assuming I wasn't making changes the day of the show and instead was making changes before any matches were announced: I'm of the mindset that you can have too many gimmick matches. I'd go with some kind of special MMA-esque octagon or something for HHH vs. Brock. Hell in a Cell has sadly been kind of watered down over the years (what gimmick match hasn't?). It'd be awesome and appropriate, but in October they have to sell at least one more HIAC match so I'd keep this special. I also think I'd do something different with The Shield going for the Tag Titles, like maybe combine the U.S. Title match with it and make it a 6-man tag for both titles. I definitely think there are enough matches as it is. Everything else I'm ok with, though it would have been nice to have AJ and Kaitlyn involved since they've been feuding.

3. Making a lot of money doesn't prevent him from being burnt out from constantly working so hard. If anyone's earned time off, it's a guy who headlined PPVs after injuries that would sideline most people.

4. There are similarities for sure, but I don't see it as ripping the character off. If he starts wearing the makeup and talking about scars and magic tricks, then maybe I'll agree. Honestly, what good character isn't at least partially inspired by other characters?

5. Who's to say that they don't realize it? They know that there's an audience who hates him. They sold "Cena sucks" T-shirts, for crying out loud! But yeah, I don't see his promo style changing because they know that he gets strong reactions (even though a solid part of those reactions are boos).

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment