Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/19/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
That "I Quit" match should be really intense. TNA's had a lot of big hardcore brawls lately.

- Knockouts ladder match:
I love how EVERYONE hates Maria in this match.

Fun big brawl with everyone.

So, how long until the Dollhouse and Beautiful People implode?

I'm glad to see Jade as an important Knockout.

Maria's a great top heel for the division. She's not the wrestler Taryn or Kong were, but she can get heat.

I didn't really expect Rosemary to attack Gail, but I guess she's just so crazy she'll do whatever.

This is a pretty heavy match for the Knockouts.

That was pretty fun overall. I wonder if Velvet will put over Maria again "on the way out" if she doesn't sign a new deal.

Galloway vs. Lashley should be really good. Both men go all out.

I can only imagine what Maria will do in charge of the division. Does she want to get the title for herself?

I'm worried for Gail...

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, Drew.

Spud could set up Tyrus cashing in if they want to go in that direction.

Spud's a really fun heel. I hope he has a big role going forward.

But... Tyrus can cash in ANYTIME. That should include on an injured talent.

Spud and Tyrus really taking it to Drew. This is awesome.

I'd be interested in a Tyrus title reign, although I think Drew's a really great talent and probably shouldn't drop the title so soon.

I can only imagine where Matt and Jeff go after this big match.

Rosemary's right that everyone in TNA is at war.

- Trevor vs. Edwards vs. DJ Z:
It's good to see the challengers trying to take out the beast first.

I'm enjoying all this action so far.

I hope we get to see Helms have a match at some point. It's not like TNA has a bustling roster full of stars.

That was a little disappointing as far as keeping the belt on Trevor. Good to see Everett again, though.

Everett and Lee would make obvious tag team challengers, but the X-Division needs both of them, too.

What could EY and Bram do to change wrestling? Are they going to introduce TNA's new majority owners?

I like the Helms Dynasty idea. This could be a good faction.

EY hating everyone is great. He's the man.

I really hope we continue to see Eric Young on an important stage.

Welp, that's one way to write EY off. He's just straight-up leaving.

I'm a little surprised they acknowledged EY quitting.

Bram has been signed to several multi-year contracts, and I don't think WWE would want to sign him after his issues outside the ring. No way does he voluntarily leave TNA.

Young burying staying in TNA is kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Young's such a based asshole heel.

Wow. EY leaving and taking Bram's beard with him.

I'm hype for the main event.

The Kingdom references are so forced. Sadly, Bennett's former tag partner wants to build a Kingdom in ROH, too.

I'm actually liking this Bennett promo with all its absurdity.

That was the perfect time to end Bennett's promo.

Bennett's growing on me as a chickenshit heel.

NICE segment to set up that big match for next week. EC3 and Bennett were both solid on the mic.

I still want to see Gail Kim's huge husband get in the ring. He's got the right look for it.

Al Snow is BASED at burying the crowd.

- Snow vs. Shera:
Al Snow is a top-level heel.

Snow destroying the crowd AND Shera.

Snow's doing the most he can against the new guy.

I mean, DAMN. Snow's doing everything he can to be despicable.

Really good ending. Glad to see Snow in action again.

JESUS. Do we really need to tease sacrificing someone? I feel like I'm back in the Ministry of Darkness era.

It's a shame Drake isn't really doing much now.

I mean, really? This is pretty heavy for a tag team title feud.

Wait, does Roode get sacrificed, too? That'd be kind of a funny way to write him off.

Yeah, Billy Corgan's been hanging out with Marilyn Manson a little too much...

I can only imagine what that match will end up being like.

Pretty big matches set for Sacrifice next week. Should be a big show.

- J. Hardy vs. M. Hardy:
I guess Matt's holding his stablemates up his sleeve for later.

Oh, this is intense.

I like them countering each other so well. I mean, they are brothers who have worked together for 20 years.

I didn't really expect a figure four from Jeff.

It'd stretch credibility for Jeff to beat Matt, Spud, Tyrus, Reby, AND Maxel.

Clever Poetry in Motion spot.

MAN. This is wild.

GOOD GOD. These chair spots.

Talk about throwing caution to the wind.

HOLY SHIT. This is insane.

That was one hell of an ending to sell next week's show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment