Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 3/31/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.

ROH:
- Strong vs. Moose vs. Sydal vs. Page:
I hate random clustermess matches with no heat. It's lazy booking.

Strong's a pretty talented technician.

I'm liking Strong countering Sydal's flippy shit.

Page is OK. Nothing really stands out with him.

I like Moose bringing something different to this match.

NICE power by Moose.

Strong's a pretty solid worker from an in-ring standpoint. He'd be a good hand to have around.

Sydal is pretty much Indy Wrestler personified. I don't think WWE's missing anything without him.

Moose vs. Strong is pretty interesting. I'd like to see them do their thing without the other two.

And now we're getting into MOVES territory. I hope this isn't the whole show tonight.

Based Whitmer. Easily one of the best parts of ROH.

I liked Roderick stealing the win. He's growing on me as a performer.

Adam Cole should have taken the title. He works circles around Jay as a wrestler and (especially) a talker.

Cole beating Lethal one-on-one would be fine with me to end the monotony of Lethal's reign.

Yeah, the Kingdom's not a thing anymore. TNA unfortunately got Mike Bennett.

Cole, kill this jabroni.

Taven is delusional. He's not even Cole's Jannetty. He's the Barber Shop Window...

Cole should have just superkicked him and broken his crutch.

I enjoyed Castle's promo. Talented character. I don't know how he's survived in ROH with actual charisma, but good on him for doing it.

- Cheeseburger vs. Vinyer:
That was going OK, but I can't say I'm upset at ANX interrupting it. Actually, can this show be 50% non-matches? Those are usually the most dreadful part.

I'm liking ANX's promo here.

Good heeling from ANX. They've got passion here.

ANX's burial of other teams is fine for me, although they're pretty spotty as well.

I was wondering when someone would come save Cheeseburger.

Kind of a forced potential tag team title feud, but at least there's a story.

- Goto vs. Lethal:
I'm liking Goto so far.

Uggghhhh.... Truth Martini. Where's Donovan Dijak already? I was starting to think he was released.

This is alright so far.

Goto's pretty impressive. Can ROH trade Lethal for him?

That was good to show what Goto can do.

OH BASED DIJAK PLEASE DESTROY ALL OF THESE IDIOTS! AND NANA!

FINALLY! FINALLY!

I wish that would have gone on longer... I seriously do wish Truth the best in recovery, though.

Smackdown:
Fun stuff with the Social Outcasts as always. I can't wait to see them win the Andre battle royal.

- Styles vs. Slater:
AJ showing what he's made of, and why he was signed.

AJ's definitely a solid technical athlete, and an exciting performer. Great pickup by WWE.

Oh, well. Maybe Slater will have better luck in Dallas.

- Jey vs. D-Von:
This is going pretty well so far. D-Von works alright as a singles guy here and there.

Fine match overall. The real show is Dunday.

- Ambrose vs. Rowan:
I like seeing Rowan's offense. He's more like Frankenstein's monster than a choreographed performer.

This is fine for something of a filler match. 

Rowan's definitely better in a tag match. I like him, but he works better when he's playing off someone like Harper.

Glad that ended when it did. On to Wrestlemania!

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Wrestlemania predictions:
    - Team Total Divas
    - The Dudleys via cheating
    - Strowman or Henry in the battle royal unless for some reason they want to do a surprise debut/return. Cesaro?
    - Kalisto
    - Styles
    - Zayn (?) That one's kind of a tossup.
    - New Day
    - Sasha, with possible help from Snoop
    - Shane via INSANE amounts of bells and whistles. I think Vince makes it a handicap match and ends up getting pinned.
    - Ambrose
    - Reigns, turning heel either at WM32 or Raw.

    ReplyDelete