Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2016

WWE Wrestlemania 32 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE special.

Kickoff:
That was mostly a good Owens promo. I do think he undersells his opponents too much at times, which goes against the idea of hyping the match. "Oh, yeah, it's me and some other schlubs. No big deal."

Looks like New Day vs. LoN isn't for the title after all. I wonder what that means for the title picture.

Heyman is great at improvising to put Lesnar over no matter what the question is.

- Kalisto vs. Ryback:
This match being on the pre-show would seem to rule out a surprise run-in by Goldberg or whatever people were hoping for on that end.

Ryback is generally more fun against a smaller opponent, or at least not against a huge one.

Enjoyable spot with the delayed vertical suplex. This has been pretty good so far with the contrast these two have.

That was an OK ending. I guess they wanted to keep Ryback strong in defeat.

- Team Brie vs. Team Lana:
A little surprised they didn't get individual entrances, or all come out to Brie and Lana's music. They kind of dropped those two as team leaders.

Didn't take long for this to become a five-on-five mess.

Eva's not bad here. She's improving in NXT. However, progress, as always, is a slow process.

Lana was alright in that brief showing.

Glad that didn't end in a Tower of Doom spot. Those are played out.

I would have been fine with Brie Mode ending it. This match is just kind of there to warm the crowd up.

Nice ending to give Brie her moment ahead of her retiring.

I expected WWE to wait until Raw to present the winner with a new championship, but I'm glad the division gets something of an upgrade. I don't know if they're totally "dropping" the Divas moniker, but this is a good moment for women's wrestling nonetheless.

- Usos vs. Dudleys:
Nice to see this start as a big brawl.

I actually kind of want to see this turn into Usos/Rikishi vs. Dudleys/Rhyno for Payback and/or Extreme Rules.

I think the Dudleys are still a solid heel tag team. Fun stuff.

WOW. I didn't see the Dudleys going out clean that early.

Double wow. The Dudleys were pretty much shut out there.

Wrestlemania 32:
Wow. That's a LOT of announce tables.

- IC Title ladder match:
I like everyone going for a ladder. It's like they're trying to, you know, win the match.

HOLY SHIT SAMI ZAYN. The margin of error on that ladder dive was scary.

I hope we don't see any more superkicks after this match. We had plenty in Usos vs. Dudleys.

I love Stardust's ladder.

KO is such a dick he refuses to use the Dusty ladder, even if it means winning the match.

How crazy would it be if the IC Champion was an NXT regular? It could be pretty hype, bro.

That's the second Sin Cara to be kill in a ladder match.

CLIMB THE LADDER ZAYN! BAH GAWD MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!!!!!

Miz arrogantly grabbing the title was great.

ZACK DID IT! ZACK DID IT! WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT BRO!!!!

Congratulations, Zack. Touching moment.

- Y2J vs. Styles:
I definitely expected this at Bound For Glory before Wrestlemania.

"Yeah this match is OK I guess. Would have been better in the Tokyo Dome."

Good psychology and ringwork early.

Jericho remains an intelligent heel.

These are two of the legitimate best wrestlers out there. All that experience on display as they counter each other's signature spots.

I would have been fine with the Clash ending it, but this match continues to be solid.

GENIUS counter into the Codebreaker. I'm surprised Jericho took the win, but the match itself was top-notch.

That was a pretty cool Zack Ryder promo.

- New Day vs. LoN:
OH MY GOD THAT ENTRANCE.

Nice teamwork early by the champs.

Sheamus beating Xavier's chest to the New Day beat was hysterical.

Rusev's improved notably since WM31. It could be because his heel gimmick generally called for him to work more of a "monster" style like Strowman does; he's more mobile now.

I like the powerhouse work of the heels.

Nice teamwork from The Lads.

Good thing this suddenly wasn't for the tag team titles, eh? Good match.

Can't say I expected to see HBK interrupt LoN.

So much for all those names interfering in Hell in a Cell, I guess?

As funny as it was to see Stone Cold dance, I can't say I'm upset at the Stunner.

- Ambrose vs. Lesnar:
Dean should have brought that wagon with him if he wants a chance against Brock.

I wonder how much gets paid per German suplex.

Ambrose is one crazy S.O.B. for buying a ticket to Suplex City.

Loved the low blow spot. Ambrose is going to take any advantage he's given.

This is a lot of fun. A madman bringing hardcore to the Beast.

No complaints about how that one ended. That was a war, and Lesnar emerges still a beast.

Goofy Snickers commercial, but we've seen a lot worse commercial spots.

- Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Sasha:
I wouldn't mind Becky surprising everyone here.

Charlotte's robe is a great touch.

Nice action early. These three know each other well.

I loved the frog splash spot. I would have been fine with it being over there, but am very glad we;re getting more action.

This is definitely blowing the 10-woman tag out of the water. To be fair, that match was pretty much just to get everyone a Mania payday and warm the crowd up.

NICE moonsault.

And REALLY nice double neckbreaker spot.

So many submissions! I love it.

This has just become a war. Three tough women fighting it out.

Ric stopping Sasha from interfering was a great ending. Do we get Charlotte vs. Bayley next? The champ's pretty much beaten everyone else.

- Shane vs. Taker:
Shane's kids doing his dance was awesome.

Shane's a game opponent. He's been training hard.

Shane's still quick, and Taker can still go.

Hell, I would have believed that Last Ride ending it. Shane's tough, but he's not an active wrestler.

Shane's MMA training coming into play.

NICE job suckering Taker in for the DDT.

Shane's got tenacity.

Shane's one crazy mother for going Coast to Coast.

I don't know if escaping the Cell is going to save you, Shane...

Nice job countering into the sleeper.

These two will take themselves out if it means taking their opponent out. Wow.

OH GOD NO SHANE DON'T DO IT. YOU'VE GOT A FAMILY FOR GOD'S SAKES.

I really hope Shane's OK. That was hard to watch.

Shane's one insane S.O.B. That was an insane match. I thought Shane would somehow win due to the brand extension tease; it'll be interesting to see what comes of that.

I hope Shane got the "crazy stunts" out of his system. That was scary and dangerous.

- Andre battle royal:
Nice seeing Baron Corbin make a special appearance, although I'm a little surprised they put him on the show with no fanfare.

I figured Henry would at least get a nice entrance at WM32. He's been waiting for this.

WAIT WHAT!!??? Didn't expect to see DDP here. I'm fine with some cameos after the Rumble didn't really have any.

LMFAO. I'm fine with Shaq being here. Let's have some fun.

Look, this show could use some levity after that crazy Cell match. I'm all for this.

I was hoping the Wyatts were part of this, but it's whatever.

Tatanka still has some gas in the tank.

Fun moments for Truth.

Bo changing course with the Bo Train was great.

Corbin's getting a pretty good showing. He could be a fine monster heel in the future.

Well, so much for Henry winning. That's a shame. Surprising to see Darren go this far.

Big moment for the Lone Wolf. I'd be surprised if he's called up officially; he's one of NXT's only viable heels right now. But this is a nice nod!

I don't even think the cheerleaders and Rock will get Roman cheered tonight.

They've got to do more with Rock than this, right?

WHOA WAIT WHAT? I can't say I expected the Wyatts to interrupt Rock. I just hope this isn't just a setup for some silly jokes and Rock beating up on all of them.

Bray's Leatherface apron is pretty terrifying.

I'm not generally a fan of long talking segments.

A surprise Rock match works for me!

- Rock vs. Rowan:
Oh. Well...

That was kind of fun. I just think it went too long.

Camp WWE might be funny in an absurd way.

- HHH vs. Reigns:
That one time Wrestlemania became a horror movie. WHAT AM I WATCHING!?

I'm not even mad. That entrance was cool as hell.

I would be so OK with Smug Douchebag Tweener or Heel Reigns.

Haitch can still go. I like seeing his methodical offense. I wish we saw more of that.

Great heel tactics here.

NICE neckbreaker at the announce table.

HHH continuing to wear Reigns down.

I love HHH just dodging the Superman punch. It's more believable as a match when people try to avoid getting hit with big moves.

GOOD GAWD WHAT A SPEAR!!

Nice submission work from HHH.

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I didn't see Stephanie taking a spear.

I thought that Pedigree was it. Good drama in this match.

Really good match overall. Both men put it all out there.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment