Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 4/5/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
Two pretty big main events tonight. TNA pretty much packs the show with action each week.

That's a really heavy wish from EY. I think threatening to kill someone is a little much.

- EY vs. J. Hardy:
I like this just being a big crazy fight. TNA does those well.

Jeff could really use a friend to help out against Bram here.

It's a hardcore plunder match AND a cage match. Fine by me.

EY has made the piledriver a viable kill move.

Good God. Jeff made sure EY knows not to mess with him again. That was a pretty big brawl.

I like Dixie just kind of being there to make matches, then going off so the wrestlers can wrestle. It's weird Maria doesn't want to win the title herself.

I'm interested to see if Willow pops back up as Jeff makes big in-roads toward the World Title. I assume Bram at least will still want a piece of him.

I like the idea of Matt and Drew getting to cut a promo before their big match tonight. It's like a weigh-in/press conference in a sense.

Heel Matt Hardy is a lot of fun. I hope he's got good opponents to work with in the months to come.

I love Matt considering the World Title a family member.

Ehhh... I'm generally not a fan of the whole "this is a TV show" thing unless it's done as a comedy segment. It takes away part of the seriousness of the quest for the World Title.

Matt heeling his "former" brother is entertaining.

I actually kind of forgot Tyrus' title shot. Tyrus as champion could be interesting. I don't think it's a direction I want to see right now, but it's something to think about down the line.

I miss Pope the wrestler.

One fun thing about TNA is how there are so many viable contenders for the top title at one time. Everyone's jockeying for position in the title chase.

- Pope vs. Lashley:
Lashley's not playing around. His heel turn has been good.

Lashley's just killing Pope here.

That was exciting while it lasted. Just an out-and-out war.

Pope's just getting destroyed. The smiling guy from the ECW brand is long gone now.

EC3 vs. Lashley should be pretty good.

Mike Bennett would have been perfect in Aces and 8s. That faction was a haven for bland wrestlers getting pushes.

Nice job shutting Maria up. She's pretty much the only interesting thing about that pairing.

That was actually good heeling by Bennett.

I'm excited for EC3 hopefully destroying Bennett next week. That was built well.

DAMN. EC3 and Bennett should have a pretty physical match next week. I'm looking forward to it.

Tyrus winning and having to decide whether Matt should take his title would be kind of interesting.

- Gail vs. Jade vs. Rayne:
This is starting off well. Jade's looking to make a name for herself here.

Impressive showing from Jade.

That was fine to move the story along. TNA continues to rebuild the Knockouts division.

Drew makes for a good fighting champion. I like him a lot.

I'd like to see Helms wrestle again, but I don't see it happening in a team with Edwards.

I like Al Snow as the bitter heel veteran. Especially if it means taking out Grado and Shera.

I like Helms wanting to build a full dynasty.

Oh my GOD Edwards is such a lame babyface.

I would have been OK with Helms vs. Edwards, or Trevor Lee actually having another match.

The Decay is kind of goofy, really. I guess their audience is edgy high schoolers.

I'm fine with Beer Money vs. the Decay. It's not like TNA really has many other teams for the duo to face.

Matt's a great promo. This run has been some of the best work of his career.

I'm interested in what Tyrus does in the future with his title shot. They can easily turn him face if Matt tries to force him to give that title shot up.

I like Matt using Tyrus to sucker Drew in.

- Drew vs. M. Hardy:
I like Hardy's faction serving him.

This is pretty fun action so far.

I love the spot with Matt's boot. Classic heeling.

Another pretty crazy multi-man brawl as everyone gets involved in the title match.

Solid main event. I wonder whom Drew's next challenger will be.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment