Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 4/6/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
That was a pretty good American Alpha promo. I do remember when Jason Jordan was considered bland with no personality. This teaming was the best thing for him.

Bayley took that loss pretty hard. Losing your first title is very different from losing your 15th.

That was a pretty good, passionate promo from Aries. He's a natural talker.

I really wonder whom Balor's next challenger will be. With Crews and Corbin leaving, two of his likely contenders are more or less off-limits. Aries or Nakamura would be interesting; I half-expect Nakamura to have the NXT Title after WWE's July shows in Japan.

Samson working the hell out of the crowd. I think he can be an effective heel.

- Crews vs. Samson:
Samson effectively antagonizing the crowd here.

Crews is an incredible athlete. I don't think there's any disputing that.

I like the story of working on Samson's arm.

Samson's a clever competitor. Why try to outshine your opponent when you can just trip them to stop their offense?

I think Samson's doing well as a mid-level heel, and Crews is impressively flashy as always. Solid match overall.

Nice "babyface in defeat" promo from Sami.

I'm excited for more from Nakamura.

Main Event:
I just hope New Day doesn't come back in 15 years doing this same shtick. It's hilarious now, but everything has an expiration date.

I feel bad for The Ascension. I don't think it's any secret I liked their NXT gimmicks.

- Ascension vs. Kofi/Big E:
I like how Kofi and Big E work together. They each bring something different to the table.

New Day are always pretty fun in the ring. I'm glad they'll have some new opponents soon. I just hope they don't bury the Vaudevillains' gimmick.

The Ascension are a good team, but they're missing something that would get them a push; I suppose most of that is losing to everyone.

Nice match overall. Now that Primo and Epico are getting a reboot, hopefully The Ascension are the next act to get something new to do. I don't see it happening right now, but there's hope down the line.

I mostly liked Paige's promo, although Emma has been really good with a new attitude in NXT.

- Corbin vs. Fandango:
Fandango's a talented guy for bringing people like Corbin to the next level.

That was pretty solid for the time it got. I hope Corbin does well on the main roster; I think he could have used another three-to-six months in NXT to sharpen his skills.

- Paige vs. Emma:
It's good seeing these two face off again. They match up pretty well.

This is going pretty well so far.

These two are bringing out the best in each other.

Nice match overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment