Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Death Before Dishonor Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.

- Opening video:
Given how often ROH runs in Vegas, the gambling metaphors are getting trite. 

- Briscoes/Bully vs. Kingdom:
It makes sense to start with this, since the winners are in another match later.

It's a shame the Briscoes are plateauing in ROH. They'd be valuable just about anywhere if there's no potential PR trouble.

Oh joy DIVES.

Pretty clever spot by TK. I don't blame him!

Uggghhhhh. This is going to be a long night of DIVES.

Good chemistry in both trios.

Uh-oh. Tension rising between Bully and his partners.

Bully vs. Jay Briscoe could be really good. Just don't try to make Bully a featured act again.

I'm liking the story for the most part.

Good chemistry here.

Nice win by Team 3B.

- Post-match:
The Briscoes are growing on me as characters.

- Omega announcement:
Oh, wow! That's pretty big. Kenny's one of the biggest stars in the world right now.

- Martinez vs. White:
OOOOHHH YYYYYEEEAAAAHHHH. I'm loving this already. ROH can do some really crazy brawls.

I'm liking this so far.

White's got fighting spirit in spades.

White's pretty intense here.

Oh, I'm loving this.

UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH. I'm really impressed by Punishment's athleticism there, but there are WAY too many dives here already. Save it for the smaller guys to do.

These two are working together pretty well.

OOOUUUUCCCCCHHHHH White got destroyed there.

Oh no!! Thumbtacks would hurt like hell.

Not bad at all! Glad we got some chaotic hardcore work on the show.

- Bucks/Page vs. Bully/Briscoes:
I'm OK with some silliness in wrestling. I just don't think this is the right place to do it if we're supposed to buy Page as the badass Hangman.

I mean, it is kind of funny.

That moonsault was pretty amazing.

I like the fighting here.

Fun work so far.

I wish Page would be consistent. He's talented, but there was more potential as the Hangman than another guy flying around.

Uggghhh... the Dudley spots are getting old.

So much for this trio surviving the show!

Good enough.

- Post-match:
I'm fine with this feud. I just hope Bully doesn't get too much of a spotlight. I got more than enough of his act in Impact.

- KUSHIDA vs. King:
I like the emotional support at ringside.

I'd like to see Kenny get the win here.

This has a pretty good start to it.

Both men are good.

Good to see Kenny featured outside of The Rebellion.

WOW. Impressive dropkick spot.

KUSHIDA has a pretty good strategy going on here. I like him.

NICE homage to Bryan there.

These two are working together pretty well! I like this.

I'm liking the submission work here. Heck, we're getting a little bit of everything in this match.

This is going really well! They're telling a good story.

This is kicking into a pretty high gear. Both men are very talented.

This feels like a pretty big clash. Great work by both men.

NICE counter to the springboard elbow.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this.

Nice ending! Glad to see Kenny get the big win.

- Post-match:
This is really cool.

I like the overall story told here.

- Silas vs. Lethal:
Loving the intensity here.

I always love how there are weapons under a wrestling ring.

Good work so far.

It's hard to believe this is a big grudge match when Lethal's doing a handspring dropkick. Wrestling can be so frustrating sometimes.

HOLY SHIT Silas, be careful what you wish for.

I don't blame Bruiser for getting involved. That was brutal.

Mostly good work here.

I'm liking this.

I don't even think government mules got whipped like this. Damn.

This is pretty intense so far.

Silas stopping the count to hit the Lethal Injection was an AWESOME heel move.

I love a crazy hardcore match every so often.

Save the handsprings for a less intense match. Way to no-sell everything.

This is pretty good.

Silas is KILLING him. This has been intense.

THAT was a pretty cool ending. Glad Silas got the win. Wow.

- Bucks vs. Guns:
I'm not looking forward to this. The style gets old when it's used so much.

Moves and moves and moves and moves.

Not a lot to say here. It's all flashy.

I did perk up when The Addiction got involved. I was wondering how they'd factor in all of this.

That was a pretty good spot to take those two out of things.

And back to your regularly scheduled spotfest.

Whatever.

- Cody vs. Suzuki:
Cody actually comes across as a star by ROH standards. It's pretty cool.

HAHA I'm a fan of Minoru already. That was cool.

This is fun early!

Wow. Minoru's bringing the fight here.

I actually might have popped for Suzuki kicking Brandi. She's pretty annoying.

Suzuki's getting over against the younger full-time guy. That's definitely more interesting than Cody squashing him.

Wow. Minoru is basically Japanese Undertaker right now.

I do like what Minoru brings to the table.

HAHAHAHAH another Bryan nod. It's telling his most interesting potential opponent is someone who won't be able to wrestle him for another year or so.

I'm liking this one.

That was good! Suzuki was definitely a game opponent.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment