Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Mae Young Classic Special and Finals Reax

Read on for my thoughts on the bonus match and finals of the Mae Young Classic.

-- MYC special:
- Santana/Marti/Logan vs. Tessa/KLR/Gabert:
Nice start.

Santana is such an obvious signing. Holy cow she's good.

Belle and Kay Lee I'm not as sold on. They're not bad; there are just a lot of good workers here.

Jazzy could kill Marti.

Tessa's pretty good, too.

I will say Marti's better here than in her singles match. That just... didn't work.

OH SHIT Jazzy no-selling Eat Defeat was big.

I mean, really. Sign Santana!!

Ha. Marti doing Jarrett's old move.

That wasn't bad!! Good to see Santana and Jazzy again especially.

- HHH promo:
There are definitely some really talented people here WWE needs to take a look at. They do need to be economical, but some of these names could jump right in and be important players.

That was pretty cool.

-- MYC finale:
- Red carpet notes:
It's pretty wild to see "Kharma" back in WWE like this.

I really hope they didn't bring in so many international talents just to walk the red carpet. It's no wonder costs are so high!

I honestly do feel cheated if this whole thing was just to set up a Horsewomen angle.

- Shayna/Kairi video:
I'm still disappointed at this final.

Kairi REALLY needs more of a character. She's too demure.

That wasn't bad. Shayna's got some natural heel tendencies.

- Shayna vs. Kairi:
Good work early.

There's a pretty fun contrast here.

I like Shayna's ruthlessness.

Baszler is growing on me.

The idea of two people so new to Western wrestling facing off in the finals is a head-scratcher. They could have done a better job introducing us to these two.

This is going well enough.

I did like the kimura on the turnbuckles spot.

That was a nice spot with the double stomp.

OK enough. I can't hide my disappointment at this being the final. Both ladies have potential, but there were better choices to get this stage.

- Post-match:
Not bad, I guess.Yes, I'm bitter at how this tournament turned out.

I'm glad the winner didn't get the NXT Women's Title. I do hope both ladies have a good future after this investment in them.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment