Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 9/19/17

Read on for my take on yesterday's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shane promo:
I'm glad he's not out here dancing after his father was assaulted.

I like the acknowledgement of Shane vs. Vince but acknowledging what happened was bad.

I can only wonder what Shane's sons think about the family business.

I'm glad Hell in a Cell is going to feature a big grudge match. It doesn't always.

I'm excited for that match.

- Aiden song:
Wow, talk about someone with a death wish.

- Orton vs. Aiden:
Aiden surprising the former champ here.

VINTAGE ORTON.

Fine work so far. Aiden's getting some shine here.

English isn't bad; it's just tough to push him when there are so many other talented people here.

Aiden's growing on me.

English doing more than I anticipated.

OH MY RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!!!! Nice ending.

- Post-match:
Poor Rusev.

- Rusev vs. Orton:
GOD imagine if Orton beat him right there.

OK, I guess, to keep things going. I don't see Rusev moving up the card, though.

- Rusev interview:
Hahaha.

I like Rusev. I hope he does get a push/run with a top title at some point. He's only 31, so that's good news.

- Jinder/Singhs:
Oh my God this is bad.

STOP THE PAIN.

This was the best they could come up with for this feud? I'm OK with the "xenophobia" card being played, but they could add the fact of Nakamura never being WWE Champion, Jinder having to scratch and claw to the top, etc.

This is REALLY bad.

- Shinsuke interview:
This is one of the few times I'll get on the "Raw/Smackdown creative is ruining an NXT star" bandwagon. This does NOT feel like a WWE Title feud. It might as well be Jinder vs. Funaki given how they're treating Nakamura.

- AJ/Corbin/Tye:
I like AJ acknowledging the feud involving two people he's recently had big feuds with.

MORE LIKE BURIED CORBIN AM I RIGHT?????

Not a bad promo.

UMM WHAT? Come on, Tye! Let the man have his match!

Wow. Poor Corbin can't get any momentum going.

I'd like to see Mike Kanellis get involved so we can get a STRAIGHT UP. TAG TEAM MATCH!

- Baron interview:
I hope Corbin has a heck of a comeback plan. He's really fallen since winning MITB.

- Charlotte/Natalya/Becky/Naomi/Tamina/Lana/Bryan:
That was a good babyface moment from Charlotte.

Kind of an odd occasion to do a celebration of women, but OK.

Ha. Nice satire of the kind of woman who will leech off other women's success in order to put herself in the spotlight in the name of feminism.

Charlotte getting right to the point now that all that's over.

That was actually a pretty funny riff on Bret's old catch phrase.

Wow. Might as well have Renee challenge for the title at this point.

I like Lana sticking up for Tamina.

Really? Where's Carmella???

Hey, that should be a pretty good main event!! Kind of funny Lana is left out, though.

- Kofi/Big E vs. H. Bros:
Haha. I'm liking Big E/Mojo.

I like how New Day works together.

Mojo's getting better. I like the teamwork of the Bros.

Big E is always a lot of fun.

Ahhh the Bros almost had a win there!

Pretty fun match while it lasted.

- Post-match:
I love them sticking it to Team Day One Is H.

- Owens interview:
Does Kevin ever really regret anything?

Kevin NEVER takes responsibility. Such a perfect move for a douchebag heel.

Kevin vs. Shane has been set up really well.

Owens getting a pretty good character moment here.

That was pretty good. That match should be a lot of fun.

- Bros backstage:
Interesting... could we be in for a heel turn from these two? I expected one man to turn on the other.

- ZZZZZZZiggler:
Oh God no, not this again.

I'm ready for someone to stop him from coming out.

He's so lame with his forced insider references. I was going to say he needs to quit to do comedy full-time, but I can only imagine how dreadful that would be for comedy audiences.

I mean, hey, Dolph's been trying to rip off Shawn for most of his career!

I was waiting for the "losing my smile" reference. If only he'd take time off, too.

Blah blah blah. Pretty funny he's complaining about someone trying to be relevant, though.

I hope this is the last week of this. Send Roode out already.

I get the feeling Dolph actually believes doing a lot of bumps and shouting about how good you are is what makes someone a good wrestler. He should look at why people do care about guys like HHH and HBK and why he'll be forever known as a B+ player who tried too hard to "be somebody."

- Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Naomi vs. Tamina:
I'm liking the reinvention of Tamina, but I can't say I'm not waiting for WWE to sign some MYC names to push in her place.

This is pretty solid so far.

Becky, Naomi, and Charlotte can all go in the ring. Tamina plays her role here well, too.

Naomi has really come into her own. She's great to watch.

I'm liking all of this.

I liked Charlotte trying to pin Naomi AND Tamina.

It's tough to win by submission in this kind of match.

Wow, Tamina pulling out all the Samoan spots here.

Hahaha Lana with the save!

Underwhelming ending. I was hoping to see Natural Selection here.

Charlotte vs. Natalya should be pretty good. I hope they don't fly in Bret, though. He's gotten WAY too much publicity already.

-- 205 Live: 
- Cedric vs. Kendrick:
Cedric starting off hot. I don't usually care for dives and springboard moves to being a match.

I love Brian's strategy in this division.

Brian is really solid. I'm glad he has his own wrestling school in California.

Pretty good back-and-forth here.

I like the counters here.

Really good ending!!

- Post-match:
I figured out Jack's heel turn. It's like in Mortal Kombat when you do Friendship instead of Fatality.

I like this heel pairing. Jack can be pretty vicious.

- Kendrick/Gallagher interview:
I'm liking this.

This is pretty interesting. I look forward to where it goes next.

- Gulak promo:
I love this guy. I'm getting Right To Censor vibes.

I LOST IT at "fashion jail." That needs to a segment now.

I'm dying. This is great.

Based Gulak saving 205 Live one week at a time.

- Tozawa vs. Noam:
I'm glad Akira can be a beast at this level instead of being squashed by bigger wrestlers.

I like how these two mesh. It was smart to have a lot of different styles in the division.

Ugggghhh... two straight matches with dives.

I love counter-wrestling. This is good.

Nice submission work here.

Not bad at all!

- Swann/TJP/Lince:
I love cocky TJP.


Hahaha TJP is so self-centered. I love it.

Interesting.

OH SHIT BASED TJ suckered him right in.

Oh, man. That was brutal. Taking a man's hair???

Pretty good segment.

- Neville/Enzo:
Blah blah blah king of the cruiserweights blah blah.

It's telling that even with so many hatas backstage, Enzo still might be preferred over the never-ending dullness that is Neville's reign. The matches have been great, but the gimmick is REALLY TIRED.

I do like the contrast between these two.

Enzo's right. Neville's a great wrestler, but he's got a ceiling.

Enzo's spinning his situation to his advantage.

Neville should care about merch sales! Get that money!! No one likes a broke king.

I hate this idea that being popular and making money "doesn't matter if you can't have a good match." That's really stupid. If no one cares about your match or buys a ticket, who cares if it gets four stars?

I do like Neville's confidence, though.

NICE ending. I think Neville will eat him up in the ring, but that was fun.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment