Total Pageviews

Friday, September 1, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/31/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- ATT/Jarrett:
Lashley's entourage is really throwing its weight around.

- Drake/Impact/Edwards/Cornette:
I can't say I expected Eli to win the title. It's certainly a change of pace.

I do like Eli's arrogance. I get EC3 vibes, which is mostly a good thing.

I hope Drake makes the most of this opportunity.

Wow. It's not taking long for people to line up to face him.

Hahaha that shot at the AAA title name.

Impact's pretty demanding for a guy who just got here.

That was a good showing from Cornette. I think the obvious move is Adonis getting the pin and challenging his own partner, which fans would HATE if it was a Russo idea.

- Allie/Terrell:
I love Allie's character.


It's crazy to see Taryn in GFW and Jade and Marti Belle in the MYC! The Dollhouse is all over the place!

HAHAHHA I've missed Taryn a LOT.

- oVe vs. Bokara/Bahh:
oVe is putting in a lot of offense.

A lot of action really quickly can do more harm than good.

Not bad to continue to establish oVe. I'm glad they haven't been pushed aside.

- Cornette/Moose/EC3:
At least we don't have the awkward moment of someone in GFW putting over Rosemary being at Triplemania.

Carter didn't go to AAA, so Cornette's bringing AAA to him!

- Konley vs. Petey:
It's Throwback Thursday for GFW.

I like Konley and Trevor trying to spoil the comeback story.

Petey might should have called up Johnny Devine or A1 to be in his corner to even this up.

I liked Caleb blocking the destroyer, because that would have presumably been it for him.

Solid work here.

Not bad at all!!

- Post-match:
I was wondering when Sonjay would stick up for Petey!!

X-division tag match coming up!

- Justice backstage:
I like wrestling being a little quirky. 

- Sienna/Taryn/Karen:
That was a good basic setup for a future match. I'm really excited to see Taryn, even if it's just for a few months.

- Kongo vs. Justice:
Ohhhh.... so much for Richard's career.

Umm, probably not the best time to get some more squats in, Richard.

That was pretty funny.

- Post-match:
Probably good for Kongo to get a dominant win after not getting to kill Grado.

The Shera push continues.

- Impact interview:
I like Johnny not burying Drake and Adonis. They should be sold as threats.

- LAX promo:
Loser leaves GFW match coming up?

- J. Storm vs. Ki:
I love Low Ki's aggression.

Storm might need to call Bram and Kingston to help him out here. Where the heck is Bram anyway?

I like the combination of styles here.

Both veterans are talented.

NICE catapult counter.

This is really solid!!

I'm liking this. It's a shame Low Ki's leaving.

I'd pop so hard for LAX knocking Storm out with a bottle of tequila or Corona or something.

Man. Everyone's getting involved here!!

- Sutter/Allie/Garza:
Wow. Rude.

- Cornette/ATT:
Oh, Lord. Someone get the censors ready!!

- Grado/Laurel/Park:
Haha what does the Honky Tonk Man have to do with this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH marrying a Canadian citizen won't help Grado too much.

Funny stuff.

- Lashley/ATT:
This is so weird, since Lashley very well might decide he doesn't want to wrestle anymore. They're basically advertising his MMA endeavors at their own expense.

Lashley vs. Jarrett is fine by me IF they don't try to book the semi-retired promoter as at Lashley's level.

- Drake/Adonis vs. Impact/Edwards:
Wow. The faces are already at an advantage.

I can see why LU and AAA have made Johnny the Flippyweight Champion. He does his thing well.

Edwards vs. Impact is going to be fun whenever it happens. I'd say those two are the most believable world title contenders of the four.

Yeah, the faces are all over Masters and Slate Randall.

Drake and Adonis aren't bad. They're just in there with two really experienced and flashy guys.

Impact is rolling all over these guys.

Nice doubleteam from Drake and Adonis.

Wow. Adonis saved that one.

Nice come-from-behind win for the champ. Impact and Edwards are definitely credible contenders after that one.

- Lashley/ATT/Cornette/Sydal:
Hey now a heel can dominate the new champ, too!

HAHAHAHAHA Lashley was already at Triplemania. They discussed the show in the past tense earlier in the show. Awkward.

Looks like Cornette is already putting the screws to Eli.

I'm a little underwhelmed by Eli vs. Sydal as a world title match, but I applaud GFW for building new stars.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment