Total Pageviews

Friday, September 8, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 9/7/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Sonjay/Petey vs. Trevor/Konley:
Cool to see some vintage TNA wrestlers in action here.

I'm liking the international teamwork from the faces.

I missed the O Canada spot.

Pretty fun ending sequence, although I wonder where the division goes from here after a clean win from the faces.

- LAX in action:
LAX just beating the shit out of these guys.

This is some good double-team action.

Pretty dominant win for the champs. Good for what it is.

- oVe/Konnan:
Damn. They've been teaming for 23 years???

I mean, really? I don't think anyone buys either team as the best in the world just because they're on top in GFW.

Konnan can be pretty funny with his taunts. I like him well enough.

HA. Why do they have to go to Mexico to fight for the GFW tag titles?

"Ohio vs. Everything" is kind of an odd gimmick on a national stage. Does this mean they're against the Florida crowd? Who put them in charge of Ohio??

- Taryn/Sienna vs. Gail/Allie:
I like the anti-Gail alliance's tactics here.

I have missed Taryn SSSSSOOOOOOO much.

This is fun.

Gail's definitely still game.

I love Allie. I hope she's got a good future ahead of her.

Wait, I thought Braxton was upset at Allie, too? I guess only he can be cross with her.

That wasn't bad! I hope the other Knockouts can soar without Gail and Taryn around. those are big boots to fill.

- Post-match:
Wow. The heels are a pretty effective duo.

You KNOW there's someone carny enough to book Rosemary vs. Star for the sheer trainwreck of it.

Wow. Taryn's power level is pretty high here.

Hahaha. Rosemary clearly has a lot of enemies from Mexico!

- Eli video:
I'm glad he's getting to show what he can do. Obviously there's a lot going on in the world of GFW that doesn't involve the wrestlers, but there are still good opportunities for people like Eli to shine.

- Cornette/Impact/LAX:
It's hard to take Cornette seriously when I'm used to hearing him cuss a blue mile about mean ol' Vince Russo and Kevin Dunn 20 years later and how Joey Ryan is "killing the business." He's basically a meme at this point.

Um, Impact, you already had a title match your first night in the company. Maybe it's time to let someone else get a shot?

I'd pay to see LAX do a gang-style beatdown of Cornette. Or at least to duct tape his mouth shut and destroy his computer.

Wow, way to bury the new guy. Impact and his title should be presented as VERY relevant. "AAA can kiss my ass" is one thing, but burying them buries your own angle and GFW for bringing him in/working with AAA.

Careful, Impact! If Low Ki doesn't get a World Title match, he just might quit!

I'm glad Impact didn't beat up all of LAX by himself. It is funny oVe sat that one out. I guess they hit the showers and weren't paying attention to the ring.

I was expecting Cornette to say if Ki and Impact want to kill each other, he'd pull a gun on them. GFW being insane enough to hire Cornette explains a lot about where they are right now.

- Grado/Park/Laurel:
Oh, man. Tough to see the marriage isn't happening. I guess GFW couldn't afford a priest to marry them.

That ending was pretty funny. I was hoping for a new direction for Laurel, but we'll see. It's a shame GFW can't reveal she's actually dating Zack Ryder. I would pop if Grado and Laurel ended up in WWE and they did something with it there, but I don't see it happening.

- Triplemania video:
Impact was already sent off to Pop by the time Jarrett was booted, so they couldn't edit him out. Awkward.

"Oh, hey, let's not dwell on the fact an AAA wrestler intentionally injured a GFW wrestler. It's all good now!" Never change, GFW.

I do wonder what happens with the international relationships with Jeff out.

- Dezmond video:
Glad we're getting some background on this guy. GFW has done a good job featuring a lot of new talents. 

- Pagano video:
"Wrestling clowns" is a big thing in Mexico. As it should be!! I'd gladly trade some of the bland workers in wrestling these days for some people in zany masks.

- Garza video:
Wow. There's not much actual in-ring wrestling on this show, huh?

- Justice interview:
I like his guts.

- Sydal video:
Did someone lose a bet on how many video packages they could put on one show?

- Drake vs. Sydal:
Matt's solid, but world champion material??? Only in GFW or ROH. Even then, there are better options.

Good to see Drake taking charge here.

This is going well!

I like Adonis' role here.

Eli's growing on me as a top guy.

HAHA I love Eli's heel confidence.

Good work here. They play off each other's strengths well.

This is a pretty fun combination of different things. I love all the heel antics.

NICE spot with the knee to the belt.

Ha. Adonis going the extra mile to save the title.

GOTTA DIVE FAST.

Not bad at all! I still see these two as Grand Title level, but hey, they're trying new things.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment