Total Pageviews

Monday, September 25, 2017

WWE No Mercy Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- Kickoff panel:
Good to see Otunga again. Lawler, not so much.

- Braun promo:
I haven't been this excited for a one-on-one match in quite some time. It should be crazy.

- Angle/Miz on the panel:
I'm glad they're getting behind Jordan.

Miz going HARD on Angle. I love it.

SSSSOOOOOOO many Bret Hart references these days. Oh my God.

Not bad overall.

- Balor promo:
That was pretty good.

- Neville promo:
That was pretty cool. He's sinister.

- Alexa in the lounge:
Alexa vs. Asuka will be interesting. They can make that a big deal.

I love Alexa's shade.

I'm DYING.

- Elias vs. Apollo:
Apollo's so smooth.

Elias works his style pretty well.

Impressive work from Crews.

Nice back-and-forth here.

That was pretty fun while it lasted!

- Post-match:
I doubt that match would be a technical classic, but I'd be down for it.

- Heyman promo:
I'd honestly pop for Heyman turning on Brock to join Braun.

Solid promo as always from him.

-- No Mercy:
- Miz promo:
I'm hype for "A-List Baby" segments. If King Maxel can be a character, I don't see why Miz's child can't.

- Miz vs. Jordan:
Fine start.

Nice work so far. Miz is great at working with the newcomers.

Jason's solid.

Nice chemistry here.

Jason's got great ability, but Miz is the A-Lister for a reason.

Pretty nice counter to the Awesome Clothesline.

Bo and Curtis are making me miss Mizdow. Nothing against those two, though.

Not bad!

- Post-match:
Ehhhhh....

Babyfaces have lame promos sometimes. I want Jason to rip off his dad's Three I's.

- Finn vs. Bray:
Wyatt's a rough brawler. I like it.

I expect Finn to overcome the odds.

Ooh, interesting.

Finn's not going to take any of that trash talk!

Balor fighting back well.

Fine so far.

I like the story of strength, size, and brawling ability vs. a never-say-die attitude, speed, and drive.

I wonder how long it took Bray to get flexible enough to do that...

I'm mostly good with this.

WOW. I thought Bray was done after that Coup de Grace.

Good so far.

I liked how they worked together there.

- Bar interview:
I'm surprised Matt and Jeff haven't been champions yet.

- Seth/Dean vs. Bar:
I like the start here.

Dean's going to take the kind of punishment Finn took earlier.

OOOOHHHH that Neutralizer counter looked BAD.

Smart for Seth to do flashy offense to distract from that frightening blow to the face.

I mean, dude. Cesaro looks rough.

I'm glad Cesaro's able to get back into it.

Good work so far.

Dean's a kamikaze here.

I'm loving the action here.

The Bar might have it here.

I'm liking the submissions.

This is intense!!

Holy SHIT what a powerbomb by Cesaro.

NICE spot with Dean being unable to stand for the Brogue Kick.

That was really fun. Everyone worked hard.

- Alexa vs. Sasha vs. Nia vs. Bayley vs. Emma:
Nia's going to be the one to beat here.

Alexa the opportunist. I love it.

Nia just ragdolling Bliss there.

OUCH. That slap was NOT a good diea.

NICE double Samoan Drop.

Glad Emma's involved now.

This is pretty good!

I like the friction between Bayley and Sasha.

Nice win.

- Post-match:
Alexa vs. Asuka is going to be a lot of fun if they stay away from the awful material Jinder is using on Shinsuke.

- Cena vs. Roman:
OK, Cena teasing leaving was actually funny.

I like Roman being fired up here.

This is going well so far. Obviously both guys rely on signature spots a lot, but I don't think that's inherently bad.

Cena is always on his A-game. Roman's improving.

NIIIICCCEEEE counter to the big crossbody. Cena's scary strong.

Really good counter to the Alabama Jam.

WOW. Glad Roman survived two AAs, but Cena's finishers seem increasingly ineffective.

BAH GAWD WHAT A SPEAR THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE!!

This is crazy.

HOLY SHIT. Four AAs?? They're REALLY trying to put Roman over as Superman.

I mostly liked that, but it got to ROH levels of finisher kickouts. Roman's still a work in progress, but I'm glad WWE's getting behind him.

- Post-match:
Wow. This is a pretty big moment for a feud that just came together. This would mena more at Mania.


Ohhhh..... wow. Big moment for Cena. Part-time is coming sooner than we thought!

- Enzo promo:
HOW YOU DOIN'. The cruiserweight division REALLY needed someone with this level of charisma.

- Neville vs. Enzo:
They're going to stretch this one out after Big Moment John's curtain call.

Neville's definitely an amazing athlete. I'm glad they didn't try to play it as Enzo being better in the ring.

Impressive work by Neville.

Ha. Sometimes changing from one flashy move to another isn't wise. Hit him while he's down!

OUCH. Enzo will need to work on his DIVES if he's going to be stuck on 205 Live.

Enzo's definitely taking that title to a strip club after this show.

Not bad. It's not just about the best wrestler; it's about the best entertainers. Who can sell merch? Etc.

- Brock vs. Braun: 
I love Brock being an underdog. It's a very different dynamic.

Both men are scary strong. Damn.

Imagine Braun winning off that powerslam. He would have been MADE.

Braun's manhandling him holy shit.

This is pretty cool. Glad to see Brock vulnerable.

Braun doesn't need a 450 planchacanrana to be effective. He's got the size, strength, and power to win without needing to get flashy.

Nice Kimura apot.

This is some serious carnage. I love it.

This is pretty wild.

NICE counter of the F5 into the running powerslam.

Ahhhh..... Braun was THIS close.

Oh, wow! Brock took that one somewhat out of nowhere. I REALLY hope someone dethrones Brock at Survivor Series, because he's been mowing down people left and right.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment