Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 21, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 9/20/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Riddick/Tino promo:
I like these simple segments sometimes to remind us these guys exist.

- Gargano vs. Tino:
Smart for Tino to use his strength and size here. I don't think he'll be able to outwrestle Johnny.

I'm impressed so far. We already know Gargano's good; this is to test how Tino is progressing.

Nice slingshot counter. Tino used Johnny's strengths against him.

Johnny is really resourceful. That might be his best quality. This was pretty good.

- Regal/Strong:
At least Roderick was polite enough to knock. So many talents just pop right in!

That should be a heck of a title match. I wonder how Strong's former ROH coworkers will take that announcement.

- Sonya promo:
I like her confidence. She is pretty good, based on her brief appearances so far.

I like Asuka's departure starting a race to the title by everyone else.

- Evans vs. Belair:
Belair's someone to keep an eye on.

Bianca uses her size well; she moves with authority.

Lacey should put her hair up next time.

I'm impressed here.

I don't think I've ever seen a headstand Bronco buster. That was something else.

I love Bianca's attitude.

That was a cool finisher!

- Aleister/Dream:
It's amazing to think how long someone worked to get to this stage.

I like what Black brings as a character. I just worry what Vince will think of him. He's not a fan of tattoos.

Talk about a difference between characters.

Velveteen has a character and he's committed to it. I can respect that.

This is pretty weird, but the lively characters make it interesting.

Pretty fun. I'm really enjoying Aleister.

- Dakota promo:
I'm not really sure what being captain of Team Kick implies, but I guess it involves educated feet.

- Jose vs. Lars:
Jose's going to have to bring the fight to him here.

I respect NWJ for trying, but this guy's a beast. Maybe he can fight Dijak?

I love powerhouse wrestlers.

Jose showing resourcefulness.

It's a shame the diving headbutt and Crippler Crossface have been tarnished.

I think the headbutt should have ended it, but a fine showing by the large wrestler.

- Bate/Seven vs. Fish/KOR:
I've missed reDRagon in action.

Fun work so far.

Good teamwork from the ROH pair.

WOW. Impressive senton.

I'm a mark for tag team offense that isn't overly flashy.

This is going well!

I like the ROH names' technical offense.

I'm already loving this faction.

Everyone here is solid.

Everyone's going all out! This is great!

NICE Tyler Driver counter.

I love the story being told here.

Tyler staying alive by a hair.

Nice that Bate had that move scouted.

I'm REALLY loving the story being told. The experience they all have is paying off.

Really solid work. It didn't hurt the UK guys a bit to lose like that.

- Post-match:
There's such an obvious opportunity for The Undisputed Era to try to recruit Roddy.

I'm surprised they bailed like that.

Oh this fight will be fun.

I look forward to what this all is leading to.

-- ROH:
- Page vs. King:
Good start!

I wish Page would stick to brawling. He does best as that character.

OUUCCCHHHHH that missed moonsault.

Kenny can be pretty impressive.

Hangman has potential when he stays away from flashy stuff.

I'm liking this.

Both men are pretty good.

This feels a bit disjointed.

Nice ending to get Kenny over for the PPV.

- Scurll vs. Romero:
I like Rocky being all business here.

Fun so far.

I love Marty having a strategy beyond "do more moves than the other guy."

Solid work here.

I'm loving the back-and-forth.

This is really nice!

I LOVED the Sliced Bread counter. That was beautiful.

Wow. This is impressive.

Both men putting in a good performance.

I'm loving what each man is bringing here.

Rocky's stock just shot up for me. That was good.

- Cody promo:
They put this on YouTube weeks ago. It's an interesting idea to go with, and the fact fans are cheering for him dropping the title and the Code of Honor should be taken as a sign that ROH can probably do with some changes to tradition.

- Briscoes vs. Vinny/TK:
I thoroughly enjoy the Briscoes in the ring.

Wow. This is all Mark so far.

I'm glad the two guys finally look like a threat!

Oh yeah, Jay's going to destroy these two.

This is a showcase of Bully's partners.

I would have been cool with a chair being involved.

The heels finally getting an edge. Maybe Taven can seal it for them?

I love how wrestling rings just have things like kendo sticks and bats available.

Boom. Good showing by the Briscoes. I'd love to see them in NXT/WWE.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment