Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 9/26/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Owens/Zayn/Bryan:
Kevin getting some serious heat on Shane. I like it.

I like Owens' remarks about Vince and Shane. Clever.

Poor Sami is never going to get out of being "that guy who faces Kevin Owens."

Like Sami is going to be able to get through to Kevin.

How often does fighting your boss end well???

Kevin always rubbing it in Sami's face. I love it.

HAHAHA Sami will have to watch the PPV instead of competing on it. That's cold.

It's tough to get behind Sami when he's so clean-cut and goody-goody. At least as far as him being a top player.

Bryan might have just saved Sami ANOTHER beatdown by KO.

Not bad overall.

- Corbin vs. Tye:
You'd think Baron would keep his eye on the ball after losing his MITB cash-in!

Tye has some good fire.

Good work so far.

I liked the suplex counter into a pinfall.

Dillinger's doing better than I expected!

I liked Baron avoiding the Tye Breaker.

OH MY GOD is Baron going to job to some water??

That was OK enough to keep things moving.

- Post-match:
I have a feeling this is leading to a triple threat.

Interesting.

- Jinder/Singhs/Nakamura:
I do think it's funny the heel's response to last week's criticism is to "be nice" this week. I don't see that going well.

This has been really disappointing.

Oh my God finally Shinsuke in the flesh.

That was fine once Nakamura got involved.

- H. Bros vs. Usos:
Fine work to start.

Ahhhh things were going so well!

Fine to continue whatever's next for Mojo and Zack.

- Post-match:
I do think this feud's going on for quite a while.

I don't think this feud is HIAC worthy, but the nod to "Uso Penitentiary" was clever.

- Aiden/Rusev:
I'm all for this association. It could be pretty fun.

Haha. Fun in its absurdity.

Rusev getting the most out of that win!

I like the nod to the old Apex Predator line.

That was a pretty good promo, but I'm sure Rusev will be looking up at the lights at HIAC once again.

Orton not in a song mood, I see.

Well, at least the mayor made it out of there OK!

- Bryan/Zayn:
WHY IS SHANE THIS LATE FOR HIS OWN SHOW??????

Ha. Sami would be carried out on a stretcher if he faced KO in the Cell.

- Orton promo.
Well at least he won't RKO Renee.

- Charlotte vs. Carmella:
I love the leash. I'm more than happy to have entertainers mixed in with the good wrestlers.

Wow. Imagine Charlotte winning with a Figure Four right there.

Carmella is pretty fun. She's not going to outwrestle anyone on the show, so she might as well make the most of what she is good at.

Good work so far.

Carmella seems to be improving. I like it.

I miss Natural Selection as a finisher. Otherwise, good work.

- Post-match:
Blahhhh. Both ladies are too good to be written as the relatives of more famous wrestlers.

- Fashion Files returning:
I'm ready for it IF they still have quality ideas. I did pop for them on 205 Live.

- Ziggler/Roode:
OK, some of these entrances are actually pretty funny.

He can have some good lines here and there.

OH SHIT FINALLY SOMEONE STOPPED THIS.

For someone who "doesn't care" what the fans think, Dolph sure does a lot to get them to care!

I'm ready for this.

That was a good ending to this charade. Glad to see Bobby again. Maybe Dolph will be drafted to WWE's Arabic show or something after HIAC ends.

- Owens vs. Zayn:
Glad this is a fight instead of a technical conest.

Owens can put a beating on someone.

OH MY GOD. I'm surprised they were allowed to do a brainbuster on the apron. That said, Kevin and Sami have worked together enough to be comfortable doing that.

Fine so far.

These two can always tell a story.

OUCH. That didn't end well for Sami.

Sami's a human crash test dummy.

- Post-match:
Owens comes across as absolutely diabolical here.

Kevin is one evil dude. Damn.

ABOUT TIME YOU GOT HERE, SHANE!!!!

Haha poor Sami always ends up like this.

-- 205 Live: 
- Enzo promo:
Dude got his ass KICKED Monday night.

I love Savage Enzo.

HAHAHAHA I hope they RUN with him as a heel. He's roasting everybody.

At least someone's reacting to the cruisers now!

Please don't retire!


- Gulak promo:
Another fun part of 205 Live.

- Tozawa vs. Nese:
Fun work so far.

The athletes on this show are really good. I'm always impressed.

I'm enjoying this so far.

Nese is killing me with the crunches. I'm getting Scott Steiner pushup vibes.

OUCH. That suplex ended badly.

I admire Nese's displays of strength!

Good work between these two. They're playing off each other well.

I'm liking all of this!

Good match overall.

- Post-match:
HAHAHA Gulak's good.

Gulak's taking this gimmick and running with it. I like it.

This is funny.

Good way to respond by Akira.

- Enzo/Ariya:
Wow. Enzo just TRYING to alienate allies at this point.

I like having a new character interacting with everyone.

- TJP/Dorado/Swann:
Wow. I'm pretty sure interrupting a scheduled match is on the PowerPoint, too.

Fine enough.

- Gallagher/Kendrick:
I'm feeling the new version of Jack.

That was really good!

- Neville promo:
I guess Neville's going face now.

That's better than the shtick he had been doing. It just went on and on with the same points.

- Neville vs. Ariya:
Enzo's a marked man. He's got more n a coupa hatas on 205 Live.

I like Daivari's mean streak here.

Ariya trying to impress Enxo is good.

Glad to see Daivari get some shine.

Neville has some impressive kicks.

Neville needs to keep his eye on his opponent!

Good ending sequence. I can get behind Neville if he doesn't mention being the King of cruisers and related verbiage so often.

- Post-match:
This is based. 205 Live is improving dramatically with Enzo here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment