Total Pageviews

Friday, September 1, 2017

Mae Young Classic Episode Four Reax

Read on for my thoughts on the fourth episode of the Mae Young Classic.

- Michelle video:
Oh, man. That was really unimpressive. She has the disadvantage of being the 25th promo, and she didn't stand out much at all.

- LeRae video: 
There's an interesting idea with Johnny and Candice facing Tommaso and a female partner at some point. Ciampa's wife wrestled more than a decade ago, but I think WWE would want to use someone currently active.

- Gargano in the crowd:
Michelle would immediately score 1,000 heel points for beating Candice in front of her husband.

- Michelle vs. LeRae:
Fine back-and-forth at the start.

This is fine early on.

I'm liking this as it heats up.

It's tough to stand out after 12 other women's matches, unfortunately.

That wasn't bad at all from either lady.

- Evans video:
Is this GLOW?

Ehhhh.

- Taynara video: 
Good introduction.

- Alexa in the crowd:
Could she be looking at a future opponent(s) on this card?

- Evans vs. Conti:
Fine start.

OK, OK, each of them have some skills.

Oooh. This is getting better.

I like what Conti's got going on.

Lacey's not bad either!

I think I could never see a Bronco buster again and be fine.

Not bad!

- Gonzalez video:
OK, OK. I can get behind this. 

- Savoy video:
I'm good with this gimmick.

I like her attitude!

- Reina vs. Savoy:
So, she refuses a hand shake, but then does a clean break? Meh.

OK, I like what Reina's got so far.

I like Savoy changing strategy against a tough opponent.

This is going well enough.

I'm liking this one well enough.

This is heating up. I'm mostly impressed.

Nice counter by Nicole.

OK, that went pretty well. Both ladies look like good prospects.

- Tessa video:
Another wrestler I'm shocked WWE hasn't signed yet. She's a good prospect.

- Kairi video:
I've been looking forward to seeing her in action since she was signed. 

- Shinsuke in the crowd:
Wow, this one's a pretty big deal.

- Sane vs. Tessa:
OK, OK, nice start.

Blanchard is so game. What are they waiting on with signing her??

Pretty impressive so far.

I hope WWE's watching Tessa here and printing out a contract.

I like Sane so far, but this one's largely been in Tessa's favor.

I like Tessa's aggression.

I mean, wow. Blanchard's getting some serious offense in against the much-hyped Japanese star.

Tessa is absolutely good enough to sign. I'll stop.

Good work here.

Kairi didn't have a bad first showing; I'm sure we'll see a lot more from her soon enough given all the attention her signing got.

- Post-match:
Nice ending to Round One. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment