Total Pageviews

Friday, September 8, 2017

Mae Young Classic Episode Eight Reax

Read on for my thoughts on the eighth episode of the Mae Young Classic.

- Shayna/Mercedes:
Oh, how I wish this were Shayna vs. Abbey.

I like Baszler's cockiness.

This isn't bad back-and-forth.

- Shayna vs. Mercedes:
I like the mix of styles here.

Martinez definitely has the (literal and figural) chops to beat Shayna.

I like what Mercedes brings to the table.

Baszler's getting smoother.

I'm liking the submissions and strikes.

This is heating up!!

Mercedes might finally stop Shayna!!

Oh, yeah, Martinez is worth using more after this.

NICE Falcon Arrow move.

OK, that was a really good ending. The best Shayna's looked all tournament.

- Toni/Kairi video:
PLEASE use Toni more. If I was booking, she'd be the next NXT Women's Champion. She's undefeated in WWE, too!

Gaaahhhhh Kairi's been so bland as a character. They threw her to the wolves starting her in this instead of giving her more time to get adapted to WWE.

Toni's good.

- Toni vs. Kairi:
Storm's SO ready.

Nice holds here.

Kairi's definitely got something. We just haven't seen the full extent of it yet.

Storm is NOT playing around here. She doesn't care how over Kairi was in Japan.

I'm seeing more out of Sane in this one, which is good.

Storm is absolutely outshining Kairi here.

DAMN. I would have been good with Muscle Buster ending it. Storm's earned it.

I mean, seriously. Toni's eating her alive right now.

That was a cool counter to the armbar.

BAH GAWD TONI BEAT HER ALREADY!!!

Underwhelming ending, but only because Toni outshone her so much. Kairi and Shayna aren't bad; they're just in there with some really good workers who are more ready for this kind of opportunity.

- Post-match:
Phew. This isn't the final I wanted. I'm sure they'll have a good match, but there were much better options here.
 
More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment