Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 7, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 9/6/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Kassius/Itami video:
This one should be good. I hope both men get to shine. It's been SO hard for Hideo to get out of the rut.

- Almas vs. Bononi:
I hope for Andrade's sake he can beat Cezar.

I like the physicality here early. I'm glad Almas isn't your stereotypical flashy luchador.

This is solid.

I'm liking the story here. Almas is getting more confident in WWE.

Nice ending! Cien and Vega worked together well.

- Regal in his office:
I'm definitely down to see these people in the ring some more.

- Velveteen promo:
I like this guy so far. I don't know how far the gimmick will get him, but it's good to see him progressing.

- Lars vs. Stardom/J. Blake/Jax:
Now THOSE are some jobber names.

I'm ALMOST always down for a Frankenstein's monster kind of situation.

I like the demolition derby.

Impressive! How soon can he get the strap?

- Lars/Jose:
Lars needs a No Fun Allowed sign.

That should be an interesting match. I like seeing the people who haven't already had big runs elsewhere.

Not a bad taste of something more. I hope Lars is preparing for when he can't just throw people around.

- Gargano/Riddick/Tino:
Didn't we already hear Johnny talk about this?

Good to see these two again.

I'm OK with this going on.

- Deville promo:
I like her a good deal already. Good to see her in the MYC.

- SAnitY video:
This should be a fun feud. The Authors vs. reDRagon should be off the charts.

I liked that. SAnitY stands out from the pack.

- Deville vs. Zeda:
Deville just toying with her now.

This is a little basic for NXT TV, but Zeda is pretty new to things.

Not bad. Both of them need to be working with people with more experience.

- Regal/Ruby:
Ruby has guts! I like it.

I hope Abbey Laith is her partner. She's been good in the MYC.

- Kassius vs. Hideo:
Ha. Itami already playing games.

Ohno's pretty good. Glad he's back in NXT.

I definitely like Itami more with some edge to him.

Lots of kicks from Hideo. I like it.

NICE use of the chair.

I always hate the "hit me harder" spot unless it's done against a jobber. It no-sells the opponent.

I'm liking the blocks and counters here.

Hideo trying to get some space from the former ROH standout.

I'm loving the fight outside the ring.

This environment is really adding something to the match.

OH SHIT. No respect and no sympy from Kassius.

Nice block of the low kick.

HAHAHA I loved Kassius turning the dirty tactics around him.

Good ending.

- Regal, Asuka, et al.:
Wow. Asuka has really done a lot in NXT.

I love how big of a deal Asuka has become. They've built a killer here.

I mean, what took Angle and Bryan so long to come calling??

This is a good way to have a new champion without Asuka losing.

Pretty cool.

WOW. This is definitely a big moment for NXT and the women. It does say something that no one currently in NXT could beat her. The next champion is basically in Asuka's shadow.

Oooohhh. This could get tense.

NICE show of respect from Ember.

That was all really cool. Can't wait to see Asuka on one of the other shows.

-- ROH:
- Lethal vs. Bruiser:
I like things starting with something like this. ROH has been more interesting with Cody on top.

I like a hardcore brawl here and there.

OH MY GOD that missed cannonball had to hurt like hell.


Heck, HITTING that second cannoball probably hurt.

I like Lethal better when he's competing against someone with a different style.

This is good!

Silas isn't happy with this.

Glad to see something other than superkicks and hurricanranas on this show.

This is pretty fun.

Duct tape is deadly!

Chairs and belts can make a better match than superplexes and brainbusters if used well.

I like how the chair was used there.

Oh no. Bruiser's trapped. This could get rough.

OUCCCHHHHH. The thought of a full beer keg being slammed on someone's leg is scary. I'm sure that one was gimmicked, though.

Lethal showing good fire here. This is a nice break from I'M SUCH AN HONORABLE CHAMPION OUT TO SHOW HOW GREAT OF A WRESTLER I AM!

That was really good.

- Cody promo:
I like the idea of Cody facing a guest to presumably pad things out until Final Battle.

This should be an interesting feud. Suzuki adds something different to the table.

- Cheeseburger/Ferrara:
I'm pretty much ready for this match to happen, or some promos or something. This was fien to keep building things, though.

- Caprice/Addiction:
Oh... I get a feeling they just made a talk show to feature Kazarian and Daniels.

HA. That burial of Ian and Mandy. Popped me.

I hope The Addiction take the anti-ROH thing as far as they can. The Rebellion didn't get nearly the momentum they should have.

I'd be pretty fed up if I was Frankie and Chris, too.

I'm VERY glad this isn't just about titles. That's so lame.

Oh yeah, the Addiction were betrayed by the fans. Daniels becoming champion should have been a really big babyface moment.

Mostly good.

- Ferrara vs. Howie:
Pretty good energy early.

Wow. So much for Ferrara building momentum. Howie's doing damage to him.

HA. How is Will going to beat Cheeseburger if he's just going to quit his matches?

Impressive offense from Ferrara.

Good stuff here.

Howie's putting on a good showing.

NICE ending. Will's finally somewhat interesting.

- Post-match:
It's going to be hard to take Cheeseburger seriously with that ring name, but that was good.

- J. Briscoe promo:
Briscoe no-selling concussions in 2017 is really out of touch. Is he Dr. Maroon or something?

Ssssooo... run-in?

- M. Briscoe/Bully vs. Cody/Page:
HAHAHA I love Cody's antics.

The Briscoes are pretty fun.

This is solid so far.

I'd like to see Cody against the Briscoes and Bully in singles matches.

This is better when they stick to brawling. Page could be better if he stayed serious. The Hangman gimmick is where he shines.

This is pretty solid.

Weird to see two former WWE guys facing off in ROH.

Bully can't pull a Joey Ryan move there.

HAHAHAHA clever nod to the original Bionic Elbow.

This is fun!!

I like Scurll. He's pretty fun, too.

Now everyone's getting involved! Nice.

That Jay Driller off the apron would have been SICK.

I'm liking this a good deal.

WOW. The Kingdom are getting involved, too!!

Great work there. I love some chaos.

- Post-match:
Hey, I can't fault ROH for pushing some new names.

I'm liking all the destruction here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment