Total Pageviews

Friday, September 29, 2017

Victory Road Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special edition of Impact Wrestling.

- Trevor vs. Petey:
I like this start.

Nice back-and-forth.

Trevor Lee's pretty good.

I like Trevor using his power advantage.

I liked Konley saving Lee from the Destroyer. It sells that as a big move.

Oh, man. Caleb really paying dividends for Lee here.

I like Williams still wanting to try to win after the interference.

Dang. Trevor and Caleb pulling out all the heel stops here.

Nice work!

- LAX clubhouse:
Konnan is unhinged and insulting enough to run for public office.

- Gail/Rosemary/Allie vs. Valkyrie/Taryn/Sienna:
I like Rosemary.

Haha Taryn keeping her involvement here to a minimum.

This is going pretty well!

I like Allie's fire.

Rosemary vs. Taya should be fun.

Kind of a flat ending, but this was enjoyable while it lasted.

- Drake promo:
This will be a big test for Eli. Johnny's been a star in other promotions. Can Eli hang with him?

- Impact promo:
Well that's rude!

- J. Storm/Texano/Fantasma/EC3:
HAHAHAH that awkward moment when it's not GFW anymore but they're sill chanting it.

Wow, Storm, no need to bury the whole company just because of issues with a few stars.

Oh God are they really turning this into U.S. vs. Mexico?

Yep, we are. Storm's supposed to be a face here?

I'm actually pulling for Texano after Storm's promo.

HAHAH Fantasma respects GFW, while Storm buried AAA. Yep, I know which side I'm pulling for.

That was mostly good, action-wise.

- J. Storm/EC3/Cornette:
Oh, great. BOTH of them are hotheads.

Good setup for next week.

- Ortiz/Santana vs. oVe:
This is heated.

I like LAX's numbers advantage.

That was a nice superplexbomb spot.

This is mostly going well.

Not bad!

- Lashley/ATT:
Ha. Lashley bailing on Impact. He's not the only one!

- oVe/Impact:
I like the idea this is just a prelude to Johnny also having a title.

- Drake vs. Impact:
I like how this is starting. Drake is at least carrying himself as a champ.

Heck, Impact might take this one.

Ooooohhh... can Eli win without Adonis?

I guess Eli doesn't think he can!

Impact can definitely be a top player here.

Drake's growing on me as champ.

I'm glad Impact is still performing at a high level post-WWE.

NICE Spanish fly from the top.

Tough to buy Drake as a franchise player with all the shortcuts. I know that's the point of a feel, but he could use the credibility boost right now.

HA. They're going to need a lot of refs for the next tapings if this keeps up.

HAHAHAHA Adonis just blatantly interfering. I love it.

This is a lot of fun! A whole lot of stuff going on.

That was pretty cool.

- Post-match:
I like this beatdown. The heels really sticking it to Impact.

LAX is all over this show. They're starting to get a little overexposed.

Adonis choking out the ref was based.

I'm interested in what Eli's up to at BFG.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment