Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 14, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 9/13/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Billie/Peyton vs. Riot:
It's a shame Ruby couldn't find a friend to help out. I mean, there were 32 people in the MYC. Surely one of them wanted the spot?

I like the Aussie pair.

I love that Nikki just shows up and comes through the crowd.

Hey, maybe Nikki just wanted to see how the match goes!

I'm liking the heel teamwork.

- Billie/Peyton vs. Riot/Cross:
BAH GAWD BUSINESS HAS JUST PICKED UP!!!

I love how the ref is OK with this suddenly being a tag match. I don't blame him for not wanting to upset Nikki.

Not bad at all! That was pretty clever.

- Jose interview:
I like NXT's basic approach to storylines. It works well enough.

- Gargano vs. Riddick:
Fine contrast between these two.

I like the idea of the more experienced wrestler working with the new prospect.

This is fun so far.

Johnny can work a match with just about anyone. That's good.

Gargano's got a lot of skill and agility.

I liked Tino helping his boy out.

Johnny's pretty smooth.

Good power from Riddick.

Not bad! Johnny needs a new finisher, though. That spear is terrible.

- Profits vs. Ealys:
OH HOW I'VE MISSED THE SWAG BOYS.

I like the Ealys as heels.

Haha nice headband spot.

I'm liking the face team.

The twin hosses aren't bad.

That was pretty fun. Glad to see some teams we don't get to see a lot of.

- Asuka video:
I love how they're treating her like a departing legend. She's done a lot of great things her.

I'm REALLY excited for what's next for Asuka. I hope they don't change her too much or go for the same lame jokes they had Jinder do on Shinsuke.

- Wolfgang interview:
Good promo. Basic, but fine.


- Dunne interview:
I like how Dunne carries himself. I like a lot of the UK brand so far.

- Wolfgang vs. Dunne:
I like the story early.

Good holds here.

I like Wolfgang pressing his power advantage.

This is really solid.

I'm impressed by both men.

I don't normally go for big guys flying around, but Wolfgang has shown he's solid enough to get by without those cheap pops.

NICE counter to the swanton. I'm glad we're getting to see these guys here.

Wow. Dunne's someone to keep an eye on, and Wolfgang's solid in his own right.

I'm really impressed by this one.

Good match!!

- Post-match:
Wow. The new stable making enemies all over the world!

Hahaha Pete not having any of this beatdown.

GENIUS. I love Dunne so far. He has his priorities right.

I'm liking the ROH guys. All three are really good, albeit in different ways. I'd like to think they're each solid enough to get over individually, but I'm not upset at them being teamed at all.

Not bad to setup ROH vs. UK. The roster is incredibly different from the FCW days.

-- ROH:
- Bully promo:
I wonder how much Bully really cared about ROH before he got a chance to work there. If WWE or GFW would give him the push he wants, he'd be there instead.

I do like the Briscoes/Bully combination. It's a pretty good use of the veteran star.

Bully and the Briscoes winning would be a little anticlimactic. The Kingdom would at least be something relatively fresh/new.

- Burger vs. Ferrara:
Fine work so far! I'm glad they're in a match with some real heat to it.

This is going well so far.

Both sides doing well here.

I like how these two work together.

This is more solid than I expected. They're making the most of this opportunity.

This is the most I've seen from either guy.

Both men pulling out all the big mvoes they can do it looks like.

There's a pretty good battle going on here.

I liked the ending sequence. They did a good job.

- Post-match:
Wow, no one likes Cheeseburger, do they??

- Silas vs. Chase:
Solid start.

I like Silas' physicality.

Nice showing of The Last Real Man in Wrestling.

- Post-match:
I like Silas as the bully.

Lethal's more interesting here than he was as a top guy.

I do like Silas resenting the stage Lethal is given.

That awkward acknowledgement of this not being live.

Good promo from Silas. I liked that ending line.

- Cody promo:
I like the champion being such a centerpiece of things. Cody is absolutely one of the people to build the company around (while he's in ROH, that is).

Cody will have a nice addition to his resume after DBD, but I don't know how much of a threat Suzuki really is to his title.

- Club/Castle:
About time they showed this. It's a pretty important happening.

Cody vs. Castle should be pretty good.

- S&D vs. Bucks/GoD:
The Bucks can be pretty entertaining with their antics in small doses.

I'm liking Gresham's work here.

Here's your flashy match of the episode.

Good enough showcase of the talent involved.

Oh God it's time to make up for the lack of DIVES recently.

Pretty impressive plancha.

I hope you like spots, because this match has plenty of them.

OK that SSP counter was really good. I mean, holy shit.

This is pretty chaotic.

It's nice to see White bring something different to the match. He's growing on me.

I feel like I've seen Bucks vs. Guns 5,000 times by now.

I mean, the Bucks and Guns are definitely really talented.

This is going long with all the spots.

I'm ready for all this to wrap up.

PHEW. Finally the big ending sequence. Fine for the "video game" match of the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment