Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Mae Young Classic Episode Seven Reax

Read on for my thoughts on the seventh episode of the Mae Young Classic.

- Abbey vs. Mercedes:
Interesting there are no more videos! I guess there's not much else to say at this point.

Solid start.

Abbey's got the fundamentals down. I like that.

I like Mercedes letting her mean streak come out here.

Abbey has really been good at capitalizing on opponents' mistakes.

I'm liking both women here.

Abbey's absolutely good enough to be a top part of the NXT women's division. Now that Asuka's moving on, hopefully she gets that chance.

Martinez is pretty impressive, too!

Wow. The other workers have their work cut out for them topping this.

BIG crossbody.

Abbey's counter-wrestling is really on point.

AAWWWWWW MAAAAANNNNNN. No knock on Mercedes, who was really impressive here, but Abbey is really a top player in the making. I wish she would have gone further.

- LeRae vs. Baszler:
 Oh, shit. Shayna's not playing around.

Can Candice come up with the combination to beat Shayna?

WOW. Big spot on the ramp.

I'm loving the submissions, although one would think Shayna would have the edge there.

I like Baszler's power here.

That superplex would have been SICK.

Now, that was a hell of an ending. Very impressive. Shayna clearly doesn't have the experience of a lot of her opponents, but she's an intimidating presence in her own right.

- Post-match:
It's worth noting this was done well before the Sexy Star incident. Still kind of funny in that regard.

I like this. I hope Shayna's staying around after the tournament after how much they've pushed her.

- Niven vs. T. Storm:
I've really looked forward to this one.

Oh, I like this confrontation.

Good back and forth so far.

Nice monkey flip spot!!

Wow. This is impressive. Both of them are game. I hope they've got futures in WWE.

This is solid! Both ladies are really good. I hope the winner of this takes it.

Fight forever??? I'm OK with not seeing Kairi vs. Dakota.

OH. MY. GOD. That German spot.

Absolutely amazing. This match needs to happen again at some point.

- Horsewomen backstage:
I don't know if this was the right place to start this feud, considering it overshadows the really talented MYC names. They could have done something like this at Survivor Series or something.

- Kairi vs. Dakota:
Good start.

OK, OK, I'm seeing more from Sane here.

Kai showing some potential of her own.

I'm getting more impressed with both of them in this one.

I mean, wow. Dakota makes the third opponent to wow me more than Kairi. I hope she's just getting used to the NXT system, because she hasn't been worthy of the immense hype and push from her signing so far.

That wasn't bad. Just a little lackluster from Kairi. Dakota's doing well for being so new and young, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment