Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Raw Reax - 9/11/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- 9/11 open:
I remember the Smackdown after the attacks in 2001. It was a really surreal moment seeing everyone on the roster together discussing something outside the world of wrestling.

- Roman vs. Jordan:
It's cool Jason's getting such big opportunities. Even in a loss, this is a big stage for him.

Yeah, I don't think Reigns can win with technical skills here.

I like how these two interact.

NICE overhead suplex.

LOTS of clotheslines here.

OH MY GOD that was a great counter to the Superman punch.

Jason's having a good showing.

Roman's not the worker Cena is.

I'm loving the suplexes. Jordan's getting a lot in.

Wow. Jason's putting on a clinic.

I might rather see Cena vs. Jordan at No Mercy at this point!

Roman finally pulling out the big offense to get the win.

- Roman/Cena:
Dude, Cena is EATING. HIM. ALIVE.

Umm what? Cena has great matches all the time. He has for years now.

DAMN. I'm loving Cena being able to let loose, although it definitely is undercutting "The Guy."

Cena had to go through the wringer before he made it as a top guy. Roman's getting that now.

I like Cena challenging Roman.

Cursing is SSSSSOOOOOOOOO cheap.

Roman is really off-base here. Cena could quit for Hollywood/TV right now if he wanted to.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH that drug test reference. Cena just killed him.

- Sasha vs. Emma:
I'm liking how these two work together.

Good offense by both sides.

That was a cool hip toss spot.

That was good while it lasted!!

- Brock/Heyman/Braun:
Brock vs. Braun and Cena vs. Roman are worth $9.99 by themselves. The Network is underpriced for the amount of stuff on there.

I'm excited for Brock vs. Braun. I'm glad they held off from the previous time they were thinking of doing it.

Braun as 2002 Lesnar is a good analogy. Heyman does a good job at selling things.

This is being built as a BIG clash, as it should be. It could be a hell of a war.

Braun not wasting any time on the mic.

I love this!

Braun looks pretty strong. No way should he lose clean after all this.

- Bray promo:
Well so much for Goldust getting a push as a heel, I guess?

It is pretty cool to see these two characters interact, and there are obvious parallels to Bray vs. Finn.

- Bray vs. Goldust:
Goldust is absolutely still game in the ring. It's impressive. I was hoping he'd get one last title run.

Wow. Goldust is getting in a lot on the former WWE Champion.

Not bad at all!

- Post-match:
Wow. That was pretty disrespectful. I wonder what Goldust's next steps are (if any).

- Sheamus/Cesaro interview:
Interesting. I would have thought Dean & Seth would be bigger threats.

Ohh... I see what they're going for.

I guess it's only a matter of time before Seth and Dean fight again, right?

- Tag team brawl:
Pretty fun.

- Seth/Dean/Angle:
I love Seth and Dean being willing to face both teams at once.

- Asuka video:
Oh, I'm already excited to see her on Raw. I think I would have liked for her to start by running through Smackdown, but Raw should be a lot of fun as well. She's great.

- Nia/Alexa:
I LOVE Alexa's manipulations. She's great.

These two have such a great dynamic.

Alexa is a master schemer.

Poor Alexa! Why won't anyone be friends with her??

Alexa's in trouble next week.

- Kalisto vs. Elias:
This is the feud of 2017.

I enjoy how these styles mesh.

Does tearing your shirt make offense more effective? It worked for Hogan!

Good rana counter.

Fine to remind us Elias is still a thing.

- Cena vs. Strowman:
I hope this happens on PPV at some point.

I'm glad Cena's selling him as a big threat. Especially after what Braun's doen to Show and Brock.

Imagine thinking a side headlock would beat Braun.

I like what Braun's all about.

I love the dueling dropkicks!

Can Cena even hit the AA on Braun!?

NIIIICCEEEE crossbody counter. This is beautiful.

I love the selling of how big Strowman is.

Going for the 5KS was not a good idea.

I would have thrown my computer if Cena won with that AA.

Umm, I don't know if the ref wants to get between Braun and those steps.

Fine enough. They worked together well.

- Roman interview:
That was OK, I guess. He's very scripted.

- Seth/Dean/partners/Hardys:
I would have popped for Noble and Malenko as their partners. It's a shame they couldn't use J&J Security.

Hopefully Matt doing his shtick means the Broken battle is over and they're moving to something slightly different that GFW can't come after them for.

- Miz/Maryse/Enzo:
Oh, wow! That is a pretty big announcement.

HAHAHAHA Miz taking shots at his bosses is always great. I'd still pop for him ripping off Angle's signature mannerisms like he did Bryan's.

Wow, Enzo. No wonder so many people hate you.

Man. WWE going out of its way to teach Enzo a lesson.

Enzo's lucky he doesn't have to deal with JBL in the locker room like Miz did.

OOOHHH. Miz is killing him.

Actually, Miz had heat for his attitude.

I don't see Enzo holding two titles at the same time.

OOH. I love Miz's shots.

That was good.

- Miz vs. Enzo:
So, it looks like cruisers can wrestle non-cruisers.

Enzo is hilarious, but he needs to watch himself.

This is pretty fun.

Well then.

- Post-match:
Enzo has enemies on Raw AND 205 Live now.

Pretty good.

- Club/Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Hardys/Dean/Seth:
NICE. I like the brawling.

VINTAGE Hardy Boys!

This is good so far.

Jeff always flying arounf.

I like what Ambrose does, just not as a top singles guy.

I like what everyone's doing here.

This is wild! Everyone's getting involved!

I liked the Magic Killer spot.

This is solid all around.

Rollins going all out as always.

Action all over the place!!

Not bad at all! I loved the ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment