Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Friday Night Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 11/29/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- FNSD:
- Roman/Corbin:
Good babyface promo from Roman.

I like Corbin pointing out he scored two eliminations.

Ah yes the cheap hometown pop.

BASED Corbin burying turkey AND Alabama.

Haha. I like how Corbin turned that around to give Reigns a different opponent.

- Roman vs. Roode:
Good work so far.

A lot of involvement from Roode's friends here.

Eh. If three people can't beat Roman, there's a problem on their end.

- Post-match:
Here's that "50-50 booking" people complain about. Roman wins but gets beaten down, putting things pretty much where they were when the match started.

Oh, spoke too soon. Roman's going to stand tall again.

I'm guessing we're in for a stretcher match at TLC.

- Fun House:
OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT TITLE.

I like how they're setting up the inevitable rematch. It feels different.

- Sheamus promo:
YESSSS I'm all for this.

- Ali vs. Gulak:
Solid work so far.

Basically a quick version of something we'd get on 205 Live. At least no one came down and attacked both.

- Sasha/Bayley/Lacey:
So um who DID pick the teams??

Haha I love Sasha and Bayley blaming everyone else.

Hmmmmm. Interesting direction with Lacey.

- More Fun House:
This is crazy. I love it.

Absolutely surreal.

- Mandy promo:
This character is really, really stale.

- Sonya vs. Cross:
OK for the time it had.

- Post-match:
YAAAAYYYYY glad to see her back. I think I'd have rather have seen the match be a DQ or something to set this up.

- Bryan/Miz:
I like this story.

- Drake/Dana/Elias:
Wow this is awful.

I can't say I missed Elias.

- Big E/Kofi/Sami:
Fun from New Day as always.

How many Thanksgiving week references can they cram in here?

- Big E/Kofi vs. Cesaro/Shinsuke:
Good so far. I like the Cesaro/Nakamura pairing.

I like the back and forth here.

I like the counters.

Not bad to presumably set up a rematch.

- Bryan/Fiend:
I love the idea that The Fiend is responsible for Finn and Seth turning to the dark side.

Oh... so he's right back to the Yes chants. I mean, they are over.

I love that Bray is playing off things that happened in past storylines. That's rare in WWE.

Looks like Bryan wanted a haircut and a shave.

-- 205 Live:
- Ariya vs. Raul:
I like this action early.

I think they're playing off each other well.

This is pretty solid.

Good work!

- Gallagher promo:
That was good to set up him getting back on track.

- Angel promo:
That was good, too!

- Burch squash:
Fine to remind us Burch can get things done.

- Lio/Akira/Angel:
Fine to continue the Lio/Garza feud.

- Angel vs. Gallagher:
Garza's a good heel.

Pretty good work so far.

I'm enjoying Angel here.

Both men look pretty good in this one.

I like the story they're telling here.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
Yeah, not the ending he wanted.

Yep, Gallagher vs. Drake incoming.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment