Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Takeover: WarGames Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Mia attacked:
Wow. Poor Mia.

Yeah I hope there's a Plan B.

- Scott vs. Garza:
I like how these two work together.

Garza's got charisma. I like it.

This is nice!

OUCH. That DVD. Just OOOUUCCCCHHHH.

Good work.

- Kai replacing Mia:
Oh yeah Dakota's plan coming together.

-- Takeover:
- Women's WarGames:
-- Io vs. Candice:
I love Io.

This is fun!

Did I mention I love Io? She's awesome

-- Io/Bianca vs. Candice:
Bianca's quite good, too.

I love Belair's power.

Fun teamwork from the heels.

-- Io/Bianca vs. Candice/Rhea:
A little surprised Rhea's not coming in last. I guess Kai needs time to prepare.

Ohhhhh boy. I love the weapons.

-- Io/Bianca/KLR vs. Candice/Rhea:
Oh I love this. Lots of weapons.

THIS IS SO BADASS.

Bianca has a lot of potential.

-- Io/Bianca/KLR vs. Candice/Rhea/Kai:
Well that was odd. At least she didn't pretend to be her friend the whole match and then turn.

Wow, that's brutal.

I love Rhea wanting to kick her ass, even if it's 5-on-3.

-- Io/Bianca/KLR/Shayna vs. Candice/Rhea:
I love Shayna. Really fun heel.

Candice is a pretty natural fight-from-behind babyface.

I LOVE Candice and Rhea being up to the challenge.

I loved the double submission spot.

This is NICE.

That would have been a scary moonsault.

This is really good.

I love how badass this is.

Rhea is killing it here. I love it.

Really killer match.

- Dunne vs. Priest vs. Dain:
Good back and forth so far.

Damn. Impressive strength from Killian.

Dunne's mobile. It's great.

Cool teamwork in this one.

Everyone looks good here.

The triple dropkick spot isn't one of my favorites.

They're going hard. I'm impressed.

I like that it looks like anyone can take this one.

They're giving a lot here.

That was all great!

- Another Takeover set:
Interesting to do it on a weekend not tied to another top WWE show, but that does give it the chance to stand out on its own, build-wise.

- Finn vs. Riddle:
This is an interesting mix of styles.

Smooth work as expected.

This is pretty solid.

I like how these two work together.

Pretty funny for Riddle to do the jackhammer and tombstone. He has no chill.

That was quite good.

- Men's WarGames:
-- Ciampa vs. Strong:
Oooohhhhh boy. I like this already. Ciampa means business.

Strong's fun.

So glad to see Tommaso on a tear again. That injury was scary.

Solid stretch.

-- Ciampa vs. Strong/KOR:
UE are very fluid.

That was good.

-- Ciampa/Dominik vs. Strong/KOR:
I like how this match lets people show what they can do. There's a good cadence to it.

This is a wild match.

I like this a lot.

-- Ciampa/Dominik vs. Strong/KOR/Fish:
Again, great teamwork from UE. They have a really strong bond.

-- Ciampa/Dominik/Lee vs. Strong/KOR/Fish:
Very glad to see what Lee is made of.

This is all cool.

-- Ciampa/Dominik/Lee vs. UE:
Ohhhh yeah. UE means business.

Damn how many tables are out here?

Ohhhh boy. Ciampa and Cole are going to have some fun.

-- Ciampa/Dominik/Lee/Owens vs. UE:
WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WWE's really loading up NXT!!!!!

Oh this is great. Very glad to see Owens on a tear.

I'm loving this.

This is very, very good. Everyone's showing why they're at this stage.

Everyone is on fire here. Anyone could take it.

This is amazing. They're going HARD.

That package piledriver tease was great.

This is at a very high level.

Oh God someone's going to take a really crazy bump.

They're really out to put NXT on the map with this match.

Christ everyone's going through a table, huh?

Very, very crazy. I loved it.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment