Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Intro

So here's my first blog post. It will take a couple of days to get some of the specifics down on how the blog will look, and I'm always open to suggestions on what would make it look better. I've never blogged outside of MySpace or Facebook, so if I'm missing something very obvious here that would be an improvement, comment here or on one of my future blogs on what you'd like to see.

Now, from that let's get to a little bit about what I'll be covering here. Obviously, I'll be rambling on about wrestling, but what exactly does that entail?

Mainly, it's looking at wrestling news sites (primarily wrestlingdb.com, which has posts from PWInsider, PWTorch, and Slam!Sports) and giving my views on the news posted there. Now, I'm not a wrestling expert or anything, and I have absolutely zero name value and credibility as I write this (seeing as how it's my first blog and all). But, I'd like to say that I know enough to form some opinions and give what I think would work well for WWE, TNA, and to a lesser-extent ROH and a few other small promotions. It's pretty much a case of what's in the news that day. Some days have more WWE news items, and others have more stuff from TNA. I won't deal with other promotions all that much, mainly because I don't watch them.

I know there are plenty of people who watch ROH and DGUSA and other promotions, but I think I'd go crazy watching that much wrestling. Just watching Raw, NXT, Superstars, Impact, and Smackdown is 8 hours a week, and I think that's pretty much my fill. If another promotion gets a regular national TV deal on a major network, I'll give it a shot, but WWE and TNA are the big dogs so I'll spend most of my time with them.

I won't blog on every single news item I happen to see, and won't go too deeply into some things unless I feel there's a lot I can say on the subject. So, what happens on Raw might get less press from me than a release or hiring or question. I have to either really like or really dislike something (usually the latter) to talk about it here. I actually really enjoy watching wrestling, but I have a feeling a lot of my blogs will be about things I don't particularly care for. This shouldn't be seen as me hating a large part of what I see on wrestling. I think of it a bit like being an editor or quality tester:  if it's good or passable or not all that important I won't comment on it much of the time.

As far as my background of watching and covering wrestling, I've been a fan since some time in 1998 and have been following the behind-the-scenes stuff since 2004. I know that's not a huge amount of time, but I think it's enough for me to have a good opinion on what's going on in 2011. Again, I don't have as much knowledge as some people who've watched since the '80s or early '90s, but at the same time I surely know more than some people who've started watching in the past 5-6 years and treat every unfounded Internet rumor as gospel. (I only deal with rumors if they're reported by a "more credible" site like PWInsider.com. They check their sources moreso than other sites). As a result, some things I'll brush off as "unconfirmed" when it's true but hasn't been sufficiently proven yet.

I can't think of anything else to write at the moment. I'll just let my future posts' analysis do the explaining of how I think for me. Starting later today with a couple of news stories from the first day of the new year. It's a Saturday and all WWE and TNA crews are off, so I don't expect too much in the way of news. But, if there's anything I think I should comment on, I certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment