Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

Rumble updates and red herrings, Hall of Fame questions, Abyss' 2x4, Daniels return?, HBK at Mania, WWE signs Lucha star

As you know by now, Booker T. made an appearance at the Royal Rumble. Christian was also brought in, and didn't have his arm in a sling. Not sure why they didn't use him, unless they just did that to pull one over on the dirt sheets. He could also have not been ready for a full return, so they kept him off the show. Hacksaw Jim Duggan was expected to be there, but also wasn't used. He was in Boston already for another booking.

There was a rumor that Booker T. could have been used in some kind of announcing position, either at the Rumble or afterward. Some have joked about a reunion of Black Snow and Chett Lemon (Booker and Nash from calling a MEM-ran Impact). I don't think we'll see it, as amusing as it'd be for a while. I don't think that WWE's ever rehashed a TNA gimmick. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Next up, my take on PWInsider.com's questions!

Someone wants to know which tag teams should and shouldn't be in the WWE Hall of Fame. If it was up to me:
The Road Warriors- absolutely. Demolition- sure thing. Powers of Pain- I'm not familiar with them. Sorry. That doesn't mean that they 100% don't deserve it though. Rock and Roll Express- sure. Midnight Express- You've GOT to have them. The British Bulldogs- Another team I'm not very familiar with. British Bulldog by himself I'd think should go in. I'd have to take a better look at the team's history to see about them though.
The Fabulous Freebirds- Another team you just have to have in there. Michael Hayes is on creative, why aren't they in yet!!? Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson- I'd pretty much have to put them in as well.

That was kind of fun. Another interesting Hall of Fame question: should certain moves be retired when their originators go in the Hall of Fame, like a jersey being retired for an athlete? At first I said yes, but reading Mike Johnson's answer made me change my mind. The DDT and leg drop you obviously can't get rid of. That being said, I think people should wait a while before they get to use a Stunner or Tombstone, because those are special moves. I don't necessarily think that they'd have to get approval from the other wrestler, but I definitely think it's something that's earned.

Here's one I didn't know: Abyss calls his weapon Janice because that's Dixie Carter's mother's name. I like little inside jokes like that sometimes. He called something else Bob if I recall, which is Dixie's father's name. Salinas is Dixie's maiden name, so there's another one for you. (Former WWE-ECW Diva Ariel used it).

Someone talks about all the praise for Christopher Daniels, and whether he'll come back to TNA and maybe become World Champion there. He wasn't exactly used well once Hogan and Bischoff took over, so I don't see him wanting to come back, much less winning the World Title. He's under contract to ROH now.

The last question asks who they wish (or in this case, I wish) would have faced Shawn Michaels one year at WrestleMania. The first name that came to mind was The Rock, because I know that was the one big name that HBK never got a chance to face. We got some classics from Michaels at Mania, but never saw that encounter. Eddie Guerrero (Johnson's answer) would be amazing as well. I just mentioned Rock because I htink HBK once said that he wished he would have had a program with him.

Top Lucha star Mistico has reportedly signed with WWE. I'm intrigued as to how well he can fit with WWE and what they can do with him. He's 28 and apparently VERY popular in Mexico.

That's all for today's news. More to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment